CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

Carb Balancing

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2011, 04:24 AM
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by horse_power777
Hi Naga_Thai

Does that mean this workshop manual (http://www.members.iinet.net.au/~cbr...ice_Manual.pdf ) is geared for only P models? because it categorically says that number 3 carb is the base carb?

sorry to be a pain but it just doesn't make sense, mine is an 87 which i believe is a "CBR 1000F MODEL "H", and i know for sure that when i turn the 2nd adjustment screw, it starts altering the no 2 gauge, if 2 is the base it shouldn't react to my adjustment? when i adjust the 3rd screw it alters no 4 gauge, so i have always balanced 2 to 3, 1 to 3 and 4 to 3 and have successfully balanced them all... anyways.. apologies for flogging this point to death..i just hate unanswered mysteries.
Hi Horse_Power.

Yep - the manual is for the later models = 90% same as yours mechanically. (Main difference .... body panels, carbs, brakes, fuel pump)

For your model do as per..
For detailed links to "HOW TO with pictures"...
I read what you say about the adjusting screw - the above is correct - just check from the pictures you are actually on the right screw for that carb - they don't line up exactly.

Additionally, send me a pm if you want and I'll give you a contact phone number if you ever need to discuss...

Old 07-06-2011, 04:57 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by horse_power777
Hi Naga_Thai

Does that mean this workshop manual (http://www.members.iinet.net.au/~cbr...ice_Manual.pdf ) is geared for only P models? because it categorically says that number 3 carb is the base carb?

sorry to be a pain but it just doesn't make sense, mine is an 87 which i believe is a "CBR 1000F MODEL "H", and i know for sure that when i turn the 2nd adjustment screw, it starts altering the no 2 gauge, if 2 is the base it shouldn't react to my adjustment? when i adjust the 3rd screw it alters no 4 gauge, so i have always balanced 2 to 3, 1 to 3 and 4 to 3 and have successfully balanced them all... anyways.. apologies for flogging this point to death..i just hate unanswered mysteries.
Same!!!!

Old 07-06-2011, 05:23 AM
Welcome Crew
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hey CBR, I think a set of gauges would be easier. Some people just like tinkering I suppose.....I would rather be doing the job rather than doing the tool for the job.

Old 07-06-2011, 06:32 AM
Crazy CBR Salvage Guy. RIP
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Steve, a Man O Meter?

Are you trying to start some sort of competition here in what was a perfectly sensible question?

And I decline to join your competition because I've got over all that kind of stuff (it wasn't optional once I turned 50)

Old 07-06-2011, 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by Naga_Thai
Hi Horse_Power.

Yep - the manual is for the later models = 90% same as yours mechanically. (Main difference .... body panels, carbs, brakes, fuel pump)

For your model do as per..
For detailed links to "HOW TO with pictures"...
I read what you say about the adjusting screw - the above is correct - just check from the pictures you are actually on the right screw for that carb - they don't line up exactly.

Additionally, send me a pm if you want and I'll give you a contact phone number if you ever need to discuss...
----------------------------------------------------------------

Still confused. I believe the base carb for Model "H" is carb/cylinder

number 3.. Nagthai Where did you find the information that says for 1000F (H, J, K, L, M, N) models the base is carb no 2?.. the manual you have is for "P" and the

other links are home made videos that say its carb 2..so i'm struggling to understand

why when i tuned mine the base carb was 3 and mine is model H

This is my last post on this I'm sorry all.. sorry Hawkwind for crashing your thread.. do

you have any thoughts however on what your base carb is for your model for when you

do get around to doing yours?

Old 07-06-2011, 11:46 AM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

^ Some bikes may have had their carbs changed and may be different than listed, as long as they are the same reading they are balanced and that should be fine.

Old 07-06-2011, 07:42 PM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

# 2 on my 1990 and this weekend I'm a gunna look at the 1993 the carbs
are different and may well be #3 base........ **** as usual Hawk is shaming
me into doing it too

Sounds like someone may have some late model carbs on an early model bike !

Old 07-07-2011, 04:48 AM

YES! IVE worked it out what the base carb is for mine!!

IT'S CARB 5 !

How did I miss that!

Quick Reply: Carb Balancing