CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

Any Iron Butts on here?

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2012, 07:15 AM
Crazy CBR Salvage Guy. RIP
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TimBucTwo
It's people that you have to worry about. Sure you'll meet some nice people along the way but I also had some near misses in the cities.

I was 26 years old on a '79 CB750F. I left Daytona later than I wanted because I wanted to ride up and down the beach a few times. After riding in pounding rain I pulled into a closed service station on the outskirts of town to take rain gear off (A stupid two piece hunting suite that I had to wear the pants backwards and sit on the fly to keep form getting even wetter [only $16]). Within a minute I was being circled by two guys on bikes. They turned out to be friendly but told me I was in a very, very, very bad spot. They pointed into the woods and said we were being watched and needed to leave ASAP. They stayed with me as I hustled and got me out of there alive.

Also while in Atlanta, I stopped at a place for something to eat. There was some guy trying to pick up a rather ugly lady. There were some other interesting people in there. When the male cook came over to me and started to sing to me I turned and noticed, "HEY That's No Lady". Yep! I was in the wrong place again. I picked up and moved down the road.

In Atlantic City, NJ I had to wait for service stations to open as I need fuel. I rode down to the board walk. There were three guys sitting on a porch, 6:30 AM, as I rolled by and stopped at a light. As I sat up to stretch, I noticed them in my left mirror, single file, crouched down, sneaking up behind me. I dropped the bike in gear and at WOT dumped the clutch and went through the red light without looking. They were grabbing for me when I launched.

Be careful of were you stop. If you are camping, make sure you are not visible from the road.

America, what a great place to visit.

I'm absolutely certain that none of the the tourist web sites I've looked at have told me about this.

Old 09-13-2012, 07:28 AM
Senior Member and Montana roustabout :)

Originally Posted by kiwi TK
America, what a great place to visit.

I'm absolutely certain that none of the the tourist web sites I've looked at have told me about this.
That kind of crap can happen anywhere, in any country.

I stay away from big cities at all costs, and when I do have to go to a big city, I keep to myself. You guys would be shocked at some of the stories I could tell, they'd make TBT's stories look like boy scout yarns

Old 09-19-2012, 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by montana.matt
Just curious if anybody here has done an Iron Butt ride? From reading some of the threads in the 1000F section, it looks like a few of you have done some long distance rides, but have any of you gone the extra mile to submit your info to the Iron Butt Association?

Well, SB posted his so here's mine.

Last edited by Michelle; 09-19-2012 at 10:04 AM.
Old 09-19-2012, 12:00 PM
Senior Member and Montana roustabout :)

Originally Posted by Michelle
Well, SB posted his so here's mine.
Thanks for the good read, Michelle