my wife says I'm crazy

You're married. Nuff said.

Old 09-10-2012, 05:11 PM
Senior Member and Montana roustabout :)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 74demon
my wife says I'm crazy

You're married. Nuff said.

She's actually the one that encouraged me to get my motorcycle..... So, like I told her, it's her fault

Old 09-11-2012, 04:01 AM
Banned

This isn't exactly iron butt but I'll be doing 1700km for four days starting on Thursday. I've attached the route we are taking. I'm taking my Blackbird this time but another guy going is taking his 93 1000F. There's also a Harley, GTR1400 and a Triumph Thunderbird going as well. It looks like the weather is going to hold out for us which is most of the battle.

I have ridden 1000km in one day ( being about 8 hours ). Man was I sore after that and I was 10 years younger then. Don't think I could do 1000km in a day now. I know you guys are talking about 1000 miles which is what we are doing over 4 days.

Attached Thumbnails Any Iron Butts on here?-qld-bike-trip-2012.jpg  

Last edited by Bordo; 09-11-2012 at 04:12 AM.
Old 09-11-2012, 04:50 AM
Crazy CBR Salvage Guy. RIP

All the best for the ride Bordo, hope the weather holds out for you guys and gets warm enough so that you need a few beers at the end of each day.

snowing again here right at the moment. Mutter, mutter, curse etc.

Last edited by gotcbr; 09-19-2012 at 12:16 PM. Reason: profanity removed
Old 09-11-2012, 06:45 AM

That's pretty cool Bordo! Hope you get a chance to snap some pics and share them with us!

Old 09-11-2012, 08:47 AM

The longest one day ride I've done was 14 years ago. The Kid was on his CBR600F before it was turned into a track bike and I was on the 1000F. We rode from south central CT to the Mid-Ohio race track, about 750 miles in 9 hours. The 600 didn't have the cruising rang of the 1000 so we had to stop every 125 miles. We were able to party that night with the older son and a friend who drove the van out the day before.

Old 09-11-2012, 11:58 AM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Sprock
Northern Maine was WOT - nothing but PineTrees and Asphalt
OH! Is that what that was? We went by it so fast I didn't know what it was.

I have gone down to Daytona, FL from upstate NY stopping over in VA and heading home nonstop by way of Atlanta, GA and Atlantic city after the smokies.

My return was in a tropical storm all the way. Just under 1,500 mi in 23 hours.

The next year I did the same trip with a friend but didn't hit Atlanta or NJ area.

Old 09-11-2012, 01:59 PM
Banned

Damn, I couldn't do the kind of miles you guys do! Not even before I toasted my spine. The farthest trip I ever did was from NAS Cecil field Jacksonville Fl. to Cherry Point NC (well actually like 15 miles short) Like 518ml. It was on my CB700SC in 1984 the first day I owned the bike.

I hit a tornado doing 120mph and hydroplaned up an exit ramp in between 2 cars and had to lay it down or flip over onto the highway 40 or so ft down. I was pretty lucky as the only damage I got was from the gear shift wrapping around my ankle and holding my leg under the bike as it slid across 2 lanes. I ground half my kneecap off. Like I said I got lucky and went inbetween 2 cars and the one on the side of the road I was on had a guy in it that jumped out and helped me up. My jeans onl had a small hole in them so I was surprised when I couldn't stand. When I moved the jeans to look flesh started dropping out of the hole. I knew I was screwed then and his face went while. He helped me into his car and drove me to the hospital and hlf carried me into the emergency room. The nurse made us stand there for 5 minutes until I spoke up and said I need a doctor and she said go sit down. I then pulled up my jeans and the blood started coming out from the top of my harness boots and she took off running yelling doctor in the er. LOL I was laughing but the guy helping me didn't find it as amusing. Long story short the doc ended up screwing up the operqation and left part of the road in there and my leg blew up like a balloon and after 2 weeks of it just getting bigger I finally went into the informory and found out I had a staff infection from the road chunk he left embedded in my kneecap. I spent a few weeks on my back with anti-biotics and beat the staff. Didn't realize I almost lost the leg till the Doc Bitched me out for waiting so long to get it looked at.

So I only do long ride in my car now. Never know when Mother Nature is going to bitch slap you!

Old 09-11-2012, 04:51 PM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

^ That's the only thing that worries me, crashing miles away from home.

Old 09-11-2012, 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by TimBucTwo
^ That's the only thing that worries me, crashing.....
That's ^^ the only thing that worries me. Most of the routes I've pondered can get pretty desolate... Heck, all of Montana is desolate. The only good thing is cellular coverage is pretty good and I'd be carrying my SPOT with me that I bought when we go on ATV rides in the wilderness.

Quick Reply: Any Iron Butts on here?