CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

2009 WSBK @ Phillip Island

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2009, 12:36 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2009 WSBK @ Phillip Island

Anyone planning on going to this year's WSBK round 1 at Phillip Island?

I'll be taking my 15 year old daughter for some bonding time on the CB1300 with trailer on the back. 3 day tickets and camp ground coupons rocked up in the mail the other week so no pulling out now!

Never been to Phillip Island before, or Melbourne (well only by plane and taxi but not on my own steam) so have no idea what to expect or where exactly to go to get there... so if anyone else is in a similar boat to us or happy to have some strangers 'tag along' perhaps please reply!!

Cheers
Carl

Old 01-20-2009, 01:11 AM
Default RE: 2009 WSBK @ Phillip Island

Thanks for the reply... ok it gets a bit like that there hey! Oh well, find a nice quiet corner I think. Want to try and get there early to avoid the rush and get a decent spot to pitch the tent, probably leave Monday after the rush to leave as well.

Some pics of the trailer setup:

http://aztec.riverland.net.au/boehm/...r/100_1063.jpg
http://aztec.riverland.net.au/boehm/...r/100_1069.jpg
http://aztec.riverland.net.au/boehm/...r/100_1072.jpg
http://aztec.riverland.net.au/boehm/...r/100_1082.jpg

Old 01-20-2009, 02:28 AM
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Hi Carl - I'm not going to the races but very happy to meet you on your side of Melbourne andtake you to the Island.

I have sent you a pm with my contact details so we can arrange a RV as it suits you.

Old 01-20-2009, 06:06 AM

ORIGINAL: CBRclassic
That is a **** hot setup mate ...
Even a little jerry can holder in front it looks like ??
So kool ... Does your daughter take to riding on the back with ease ?
LOL! Thanks! yeah I've wasted a bit of money on it so far!!! Where should I start... um Carbon fibre front fender, petal rotors, gold pinstripping on the rims, S/steel custom CB1300 brake/clutch reservoir covers, c/fibre tripple clamp cover, centrestand (they don't come standard!), gold anodised fork preload aduster ***** and bar ends (not in those photos), triboseat pillion cover, C/fibre look petrol cap cover, oh and last but not least Gold anodised tyre valve caps!! Also still waiting for a Bagster tank cover to come from UK. Most of all this has had to come from UK... bugger all available here in Australia for these things!

Trailer hitch is from Classic Industries on the east coast... they make hitches for practically any bike, even the CBRF!
http://www.classicind.com.au/
Personally I think the two down bars coming from the tail completely ruin the look of the bike!!! it's a nice angular piece of motorcycle engineering design, then this hitch comes along and wrecks the whole coolness factor! LOL! I'm thinking of manufacturing some new down bars myself but have a bit of a bend in the them so they follow the contour of the rear shock and back fairing a bit more, then I'll be happy to leave it on all the time. Doesn't take all the much to remove it anyway - 5-10 minute job if that but it's fidgety to maneuver around so would rather just leave it on if I can live with it. I eventually want to ditch the car and use the bike full time as my main transport so the trailer will be getting used a couple times a week.

Kids love motorbikes... always have cause I've always had one except the couple years before I got the CBRF. My 12 year old lad went for a 750k tour in one day a couple weeks back. He was completely knackered at the end but he loved it. Grace my eldest daughter does too, but haven't done any long stints with her yet. We're going to Mildura this Saturday and will spend a night at the caravan park in the tent to give the trailer a decent test run and to see how she goes for a longer ride. Mildura is about 160k's from here.

Old 01-20-2009, 07:06 AM

ORIGINAL: Naga_Thai

Hi Carl - I'm not going to the races but very happy to meet you on your side of Melbourne andtake you to the Island.

I have sent you a pm with my contact details so we can arrange a RV as it suits you.
Wow thanks Martin... that's a great offer!! Very generous of you.

If I don't find anyone from SA going down I'll certainly take you up on it. I'll PM you shortly.