Aftermarket Discuss aftermarket upgrades to your CBR here.

slip-on and K&N filter, what jet stage do i need?

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2006, 09:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default slip-on and K&N filter, what jet stage do i need?

im getting a slip-on soon and a K&N filter. just wondering what stage jet kit to buy (1, 2, or 3). not quite sure about this. ive read you need to re-jet the bike when adding a/f or slip-ons. i have a 97 600 f3.

thanks
dave

Old 07-07-2006, 02:46 PM
Default RE: slip-on and K&N filter, what jet stage do i need?

Hey man, I would go stage 1 you are only putting on slip on not full exhaust, you don't want to overload with gas you'll start fouling plugs and it can be a mess. I had an f2 and did the same thing vance slip on, k&n filter and stage 1 dyno and it was perfect, i also went down 1 and up 2 at the same time so there was a huge diff. with the hole package. i hope this helps.

Old 07-07-2006, 08:36 PM

thanks man. i kinda thought it was going to be a stage 1 jetting, but i figured id better ask before i go doing things that im unssure of.

Old 07-11-2006, 12:25 AM

ok, would i still need to re-jet the carbs if i only get a slip-on and not include the K&N filter? im thinking i may sell the bike already and i dont want to dump alot of money if im going to sell it. i read on a few sites that sell slip-ons, and they say "jetting is not required". and if i can only install a slip-on w/o jetting, which ones can i do this with? thanks guys

after i rode my friends R1, my little f3 just doesnt do it for me anymore.

Old 07-12-2006, 02:27 PM

Why spend money on the slip-on and have to try to get it back out when you sell??

Old 07-12-2006, 04:37 PM

If you've decided to sell soon then i wouldnt do anything. You will not recover the cost of any upgrade, for the most part.

Old 07-21-2006, 09:08 PM

i have add (still do at 30yrs old, but not as bad). i change my mind about things like i change my drawers (daily). lol i figured if i sell the bike, ill remove the slip-on and put the stocker back on and try and recover some of the money.

anyways, i bought a D&D slip-on (black satin w/chrome tip and mid-pipe) and installed it today. i dont think i have any hesitation probs or flat spots. but i was in rush hour traffic on the way home today, so i wasnt able to really test it out. i noticed i had a bit of backfire when trailing off the throttle from about 4k rpms and above. is this normal, or is this a sign to get it jetted? with the stock pipe on i didnt notice any backfire (but maby thats what a stock pipe is supposed to do..muffle).

all i can say is i love the new pipe. nice, loud and it sounds a TON better than the stock crappy pipe as well as looks a whole lot better.

thanks for all the help guys