Help please!! sprockets chains and cush drive - CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

Go Back  CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners > This 'n' That > Aftermarket
Reload this Page >

Help please!! sprockets chains and cush drive

Aftermarket Discuss aftermarket upgrades to your CBR here.

Help please!! sprockets chains and cush drive

Old 04-08-2009, 06:22 PM
Question Help please!! sprockets chains and cush drive

Hi, I have a 97 600fw i need to change the chain, sprockets and the cush drive rubbers, are there any advantages to different front and rear sprockets for example one less on the front or two more on the back or do they both have to be one tooth less?? plus which chain is better o ring or x ring?? can anyone help?

Old 04-13-2009, 08:59 PM
Default I like the.........

I think the o-ring chains are much better imho. Why do you need you replace the cush drive? If you don't mind me asking. I've changed my chain about 1/2 a dozen times and never once had to change the cush drive

Old 04-17-2009, 11:32 AM

there is alot of movement in the rear sprocket been told need to change them managed to get a DID chain x ring and 1 less tooth sprocket on front and two plus on back ?? any good

Old 06-01-2009, 12:14 AM
Default Re: Help please!! sprockets chains and cush drive.

Fantastic help guys, very much appreciated. Some great tips in there as well. Job dont feel half as daunting now. In fact quite looking forward to it. Will fire in another post when work completed. In fact, with getting mucked about quite a lot with local dealers, will feel better knowing repairs have been carried out with all the right bits etc.

coupons