Aftermarket Discuss aftermarket upgrades to your CBR here.

Dan Moto Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2011, 10:43 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That looks great, Stu. Thanks!

Old 06-26-2011, 11:55 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Stu,

Silly question. The OEM exhaust has a gasket inside the pipe the connects to the header. Did you put a gasket on your JISU? It seems a little loose near the header pipes, and the clamp bolt doesn't seem to tighten up very well.

Old 08-15-2011, 08:47 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Whoa, am I happy I found this thread, as I just ordered one for the 06 F4i.

Good looks on the pics, I was trying to photoshop my bike with the exhaust to see what it looks like ... LOL

I am also happy to hear that there is agreement that a $155 slip on is well worth the sound and design

I freakin loved the design, ...so GSXR 1000ish

I guess I better keep the gasket when I take the Big *** OEM Exhaust Off...

Old 09-11-2011, 12:29 PM

Let me just say you get what you pay for. I bought this and tried to install it today.

Issues:

1. Clamp broke with very little pressure (as another poster mentioned).

2. Spring broke trying to connect the muffler to the mid-pipe. I'm REALLY glad I was wearing safety glasses when doing this as it violently came off and could have ended up in a trip to the emergency room.

3. Exhaust doesn't fit right. No matter what I do, I can't get it into a position where it doesn't hit the swing arm or other hard parts. You can ghetto rig it by filing things down or placing a piece of high temp material between the muffler can and the bike but I'm way too **** for that.

4. Clamping part is cheesy and doesn't secure the can very well to the rear of the bike. I could see it moving around under spirited riding.

Conclusion: I will be attempting to return this and will buy a part made by a well-known manufacturer (Two Brothers, Yoshimura, etc).

Old 09-12-2011, 09:55 AM

Gtmotor that sucks man. I will admit it was a slight bitch putting if on but if you tilt the pipe away from you it clears the swingarm. But just a centimeter. It took 2 people to screw the bolt in for the passenger peg holder. And I also broke the clamp nut but just bought a real steel nut from home depot. The springs are extra tough.

It is not impossible to
Enjoy this on your bike. But it is a wee bit difficult.

Old 09-12-2011, 12:36 PM

I messed with it some more last night and was able to get it to work.

I had to turn the can at an approximately 45 degree angle and used a 2 inch heavy duty muffler clamp along with some copper high temp sealant.

I will keep the forum posted on how Dan Moto responds to my email about their quality. I cant put my stock exhaust back on because the DM can chewed up the gasket when I tried to smash it over it.

I have an 06 with the catalytic converter by the way. That could be the reason for it not fitting so well.

Old 09-13-2011, 08:46 PM

I have the 06 with catalytic converter as well. That "gasket" is just some heat tape. You have to cut that off and then the midpipe goes on. It's a good idea to get some heat tape to cover those stretch cuts on the new pipe as well

Also I had to tilt mine 45 degrees as well.

Get the 02 delete thing from radio shack and your bike should become a monster.

Old 09-14-2011, 09:32 PM

I actually ordered one of these for my f4 recently. I am only using their can so their midpipe and clamps are out of the equation. I will let you guys know how it works out.

Old 09-29-2011, 02:31 PM

Here are some pics of the revised install.

As mentioned earlier, the clearance is minimal... the canister had to be rotated (which actually looks more trick to me)

The hardest part is getting the midpipe clamp bolted onto the passenger peg as there is some elbow grease and finess involved...

Or you could just get a new longer clamp..

Attached Thumbnails Dan Moto Exhaust-img_2573.jpg   Dan Moto Exhaust-img_2574.jpg   Dan Moto Exhaust-img_2575.jpg   Dan Moto Exhaust-img_2576.jpg  
Old 09-29-2011, 06:57 PM

Anyone put one of these on their F2 yet? I am looking at getting a new exhaust and for the money this seems to be great. Would like to know how it fits though. I'm looking at this one: http://www.dan-moto.com/cbr-600-f2-f...oduct-364.html

Quick Reply: Dan Moto Exhaust