CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   Aftermarket (https://cbrforum.com/forum/aftermarket-28/)
-   -   Dan Moto Exhaust (https://cbrforum.com/forum/aftermarket-28/dan-moto-exhaust-125472/)

vegas_rebel 05-14-2011 02:12 AM

Dan Moto Exhaust

I was planning on buying the carbon Dan Moto exhaust and have heard a lot of good things about it, seen videos, etc.

When I went to their site, though, I saw this exhaust. I've tried to Google it, but I can't find any reviews or videos or anything.

Does anyone know anything about this pipe, or have any guesses?

MeanGreenZ71 05-14-2011 05:14 PM

Im almost tempted to buy one of their pipes and see what it sounds like just because of the price...

vegas_rebel 05-14-2011 06:42 PM

Their carbon GP pipe is a little bit cheaper, and the videos of it online are pretty good. I think Z did a big review on 600rr about another of their pipes and he had good things to say.

I think I'd like the look of this one a little better, but I haven't found any photos of it on bikes anywhere. I emailed them and asked if they knew of any reviews for it.

vegas_rebel 05-16-2011 09:24 AM

I emailed them over the weekend, and they got back to me early this morning.

They just released this pipe last Friday, hence no reviews or pictures or whatnot. I may have to buy it, cause I imagine it'd look pretty slick. I just don't want it to suck :p

nakedcivic 05-19-2011 06:44 PM

link?

vegas_rebel 05-20-2011 01:23 AM

Here naked: CBR 600 F4i 2001-2006 JISU Black [EX-00284] - $88.00

Stu Pidasso 06-10-2011 09:24 PM

I ordered one of these for my 2001 F4 I. When it comes to slip on exhaust there is not a whole lot to them or going on with them. Try taking one apart some time, it is rather dissapointing experience once you break one down. As long as it is made well, and you like how it sounds you should be good to go.

Stu Pidasso 06-15-2011 09:51 PM

Dan Moto arrived today

Originally Posted by Stu Pidasso (Post 1065963)
I ordered one of these for my 2001 F4 I. When it comes to slip on exhaust there is not a whole lot to them or going on with them. Try taking one apart some time, it is rather dissapointing experience once you break one down. As long as it is made well, and you like how it sounds you should be good to go.

Alright for those of you thinking about this can/muffler I got mine today and I have an update. The set came packaged quite nicely, everything bubble wrapped. I ordered Friday night at 8pm eastern time United States. I got my kit today right around lunch. The installation was very painless. The only modification I had to make was taking a file and filing down a bolt head on a brake line retainer just a bit. The muffler clamp had a very cheap fastner with it. I broke it just using my wrist to tighten. No problem I managed to grab one, and a lock nut from a bag full of bolts. I got the Jisu muffler as I wanted to modernize the look of my bike just a bit. I will post some pictures and a video next. The muffler flows nicely with the lines of my bike (2001 F4I) the sound is low at idle and a nicely high pitch whine at speed. My neighbor listened to it and checked it out. He is going to get one and was about to order a Yoshi pipe. The interior of the can does not look any different than any of the more popular albeit more expensive brands. I would have to say that the strap, and fasteners leave a bit to be desired, but the overall product is great and the mid pipe fit like a dream. The screw I filed was not that big of a deal, just make sure not to go balls out on it, I did try to rotate the midpipe some but to no avail. The only option that I could see would be to go to your local hardwear store and pick up a piece of strapping, and then find some way to insulate it (there is a thread on this forum that discusses using alternative material with your strap). I mounted it, and fired "Dirty Al" up. It took a little longer for her to start idling like she does when she is warm. On the road, I noticed that with the reduced backpressure it was easier to wrap the tachometer up once I got above 8-9 grand. The tone is actually nice at speed sounds like an F1 car just a bit lower in pitch, and while going slow, it sounds rather smooth and quiet (which I like) instead of the, "jake braking" sound. I will give and update when I break it in. The craftsmanship appears to be excellent, smooth welds, evenly spaced rivets, no flaws or cosmetic deffects, and a sticker that was screwed up from the word go. The materials used is something that only time will tell, many questions are yet to be answered such as, will it rust will the mid pipe warp I do not not know. I recommend you getting some sealant made for mufflers so that you do not incorperate an exhaust leak. I promise I will post video and some pictures tomorrow. So far so good......

vegas_rebel 06-15-2011 09:55 PM

I look forward to hearing it Stu. Mine won't be hooked up for a while. Interesting that you got your exhaust so quickly; mine took several weeks.

Stu Pidasso 06-18-2011 08:32 AM

Here it is

4 Attachment(s)
Alright everyone that is interested. I got the exhaust and put it on the day I got it. I would have posted pictures and video ealier, but I wanted to have the chance to burn it in a bit before I sent a video, and I wanted to have it on and ride around with it on to make sure I liked it and that it would stay on. I have had a few people check it out and say that they want one. You really cannot go wrong here for the money, and to be honest slip on exhaust is so low tech anyway, it is impossible (not logical) to justify $400. If you take a look at some of the other threads on this forum you will see that when people cut down their exhaust the inside of the muffler or can is not that amazing. I remember cutting down mufflers for my uncle's drag bike way back when. People you are dealing with a perforated pipe, steel wool, and fiberglass inside of these mufflers. designed especially for your machine is the midpipe. Other than the midpipe nothing is really special for your bike. Do not be fooled. The most imortant thing is if the matierials used are quality. You do not want to buy something that is going to come apart. What I have done here is attach some photos of it to give you an idea of what it looks like on my machine, I will post a video next. Let me know if you have questions.

Attachment 16001

Attachment 16002

Attachment 16003

Attachment 16004