600 Modifications This section is specifically for questions and advice pertaining to mods of the current 600 models.

TURBO

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2006 | 11:41 AM
Default RE: TURBO

I don't know the guy, but the first thing I think of when I read his post was "20 year old squid"... Watches SuperBikes and BikerBoyz too much, and now wants to jump on the bandwagon.

A 1000cc will spank his hypothetical 600 turbo any day of the week.

But sometimes the best way to illustrate that someone has the wrong idea, is to let them do what they want. Hopefully he won't kill himself in the process. At the very least he will blow up his motor and ruin his bike. Then maybe he will be willing to listen to people.

Old 08-14-2006 | 04:09 PM

If you want to turbo a 600rr here's what you do:

1. Ride over to your local Suzuki dealer.
2. Trade your 600rr for a Hyabusa.

This way someone who can use it will get a chance at your 600rr, and if you don't kill yourself on the 'busa (because I am betting you don't have a lot of experience) you can slap a turbo on it pretty easily. They you have a second chance at killing yourself.

Old 08-14-2006 | 06:46 PM

Sounds like flames, but it really is the truth.

Anyone who is not a squid or a newbie would never ask the question about adding turbo to a 600. And anyone with common sense and who is perhaps new but has an open mind and wants to learn, would have taken the advice of the first 7 people who told him not to do it.

The more I read the thread, the more I am convinced that we are dealing with a 20-23 year old squid, who lives in an apartment and rather than doing something smart with his money, he wants to do something foolish with his bike so that all of his ricer/squid friends will think he is one of the Biker Boyz.

Let me just get this out of the way now so that I don't have to remember to do it later:

RIP

Old 08-14-2006 | 10:33 PM

Man, just go out and get a Y2K. I know that $150,000 seems like a lot, but it has the best turbo system I have ever seen. No one on your block will have one either. Unless you live next to Jay Leno. But hey, if you want to have a bike with a turbo and some serious spoolup time this is the ticket.

http://www.marineturbine.com/motorsports.asp

Old 08-25-2006 | 02:01 AM

who cares if nobody agrees with me i dont want to hear anything about it bein stupid puttin a turbo on a 600 im doin so everybody stop f**kin complaining just tell me what i needs!!!!!!!!!!FastCRX help me out man ur the only one id say would help me

Old 08-25-2006 | 03:57 AM

i built a turbo 600 and im in the process of getting it fine tuned. im only running like 5lbs of boost right now and when it spools at like 7K it definately pulls as hard as a 1000. when i get to the dyno i will be running at 9lbs of boost which should put me at around 150whp. considering all bikes are quick in the quarter this should be pretty potent. the bike is definately controllable. if you think about it, my f4i went a 10.73 in the quarter stock other than lowering and a stock busa can usually run like a 9.90 or so. i dont think this is very far away considering the busa has over twice the engine. i would rather go road racing but im in the same boat and everyone drags in my area. im around a bunch of hillbillies that commonly rip off their fuel injection on their mustangs and slap a big ol carburetor on it. after this bike is complete i will probably build an older bike like an f2 or f3 to go road racing with definately with no turbo. before this gets flamed, i realize turbocharging the 600 is not a reasonable venture, but i run an import performance shop and im not only building it for the speed but also to display our craftsmanship in producing something that doesnt exist. people that arent hard core into road racing come into the shop and are amazed that this is possible. if you dont have the means of extensive fabrication the i recommend "dont try this at home". when i get this kit fine tuned i will post some of the details. if there is enough intrest, i will seriously consider manufacturing this kit.

[IMG]local://upfiles/10281/33103A6848324BABB513F6CA30434E57.jpg[/IMG]

Old 08-26-2006 | 10:51 PM

holy **** plz!!!!
how much would u say this kit would run???

Old 08-27-2006 | 12:25 AM

i dont want to give an exact price yet. it is still early in the stages but it will be for well less than than the dr.turbo kit and the turbo is up front where it belongs. dr. turbo wants $5500 for their kit and to me it doesnt seem worth that much. they have the market now because they are the only one who has a f4i kit but if i make this kit, it will definately shadow their kit. im still working on the map but right now it definately pulls as hard as a liter bike. i broke a cam chain tensioner but im putting a manual one in so then ill get back on it. ill keep you posted on dyno numbers but it should be well in the 150's for wheel hp.

Old 08-27-2006 | 12:54 AM
Admin Emeritus & MVN

At 9# boost it should pull at least 170hp -- maybe 180. I'd be concerned about a connecting rod letting go running 9# continuous. 5# for the street will be more reliable in the long run.

Old 08-27-2006 | 01:18 AM

Why dont all you people complaining keep you useless flames to yourself. The kid wants to put a turbo on his bike, let um. No one asked for your opinion on it, he asked how to do it. I hate all the people the come to a forum smashing peoples ideas or want, when they dont ask for it. Sorry Max, I had to say it. It gets under my skin when people do this. I could understand all your "he's going to kill himself" comments if he asked, Should I put a turbo on my 600RR. But he didnt. The original post was, what do I need. So, IMO, unless you know what he needs, keep the "this is a dumb idea" comments to yourself.

Quick Reply: TURBO