600 Modifications This section is specifically for questions and advice pertaining to mods of the current 600 models.

third running light

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2007, 07:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default third running light

well i just ordered a HID setup for my bike and i wanna change the third lil bulb. but i heard from some ppl that did the led replacements that they dont make enuf heat to dry up moisture that can get under there. so im looking for a regular bulb but in blue or white white, not the yellow white that it comes with.

Old 04-05-2007, 06:10 PM
Default RE: third running light

The bulb on that thing is a 194 bulb so what i did is went to any kind of internetsearch engine and type in 194 bulb and look there. I looked at all the bulbs and none of them seemed to be the right color so i had to settle for the led light. If you wanted to you could always change the little rubber gasket that seals the lense to the housing. I took mine out and the gasket was basically gone. Thats all i can think of though.

Old 04-05-2007, 06:41 PM

I have the LED thing from Tripageled.com and I haven't had any issues. I try not to ride in the rain, but the bike is stored outside, and I haven't seen any condensation build up in there yet.

You could seal with silicone around it etc. you wanted to be double sure, or drill a small hole in the bottom of the lens to make sure it drained itself.

Old 04-07-2007, 07:05 AM

First, I want to say Hi! to all the board members. I have been reading here for a while, but finally decided to register.

I love the look of that tripage white LED center light. But I was wondering how hard it was to install. I checked their installation section, but figured I would ask for any firsthand experiance with putting it on. I'm trying to get some new mods this year to the outside, and maybe installing a PCIII so my bike is more unique to my area. Any info would be appreciated, and suggestions are always welcome!

Old 04-08-2007, 02:05 AM

The bulb itself is pretty simple just a matter of unscrewing the two screws and pulling the lens out. The only trick will be gettong the rubber to seal back up right. But ther than that its very simple

Old 04-08-2007, 03:41 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought a white 194 LED light from superbrightleds.com. They are a great place to find LED's and stuff. They are quick with delivery and I've never had a problem with them.......ever. (and I order a lot of LED equipment from them for the bike, car and other products.) And it matches my HID's spot on.

Never heard of (or had) the moisture problem before. When I wash it, I notice it has a bit of condensation in there, but it just evaporates like normal.

Old 04-12-2007, 08:35 PM

I have a side question - what HID kit did you buy and where did you get it from? Been considering the conversion for my F4i.

Old 04-12-2007, 10:00 PM

quick question might be stupid, but what is the third light for just visibility?

Old 04-13-2007, 03:38 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: CBRRRING

quick question might be stupid, but what is the third light for just visibility?
There could be hundreds of reasons for it. I consider it a running light to show that when you only have the lowbeam on, other cars know it's a motorcycle and not just a car with a headlight out (but then, isn't that the purpose of the turn signal running lights too?????)

Kind of a mystery, that little light. I just know that my LED one went out. [:@] Now I have to wait another week to get a new one sent to me.

Old 04-21-2007, 08:01 AM

Hey Blue Fox, I was just curious as to whch LED you went with for the center? I just replaced my regulars with silverstars and the center is next on my list. I'm not sure if I want to spend that much for the 3rd eye mod since the bulbs are pretty cheap. I was looking at the T13 Wedge Base LED bulb (White)- 921-x12 Wedge Base LED bulb or the WLED-WHP Pure White High Power.

Appreciate any info on what you went with and why.