F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

LED brake light; no running light

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2008, 11:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LED brake light; no running light

I have a clear alternatives LED brake light. It simply replaces the stock brake light.

Just noticed that the running brake light doesn't work. Signal lights work perfectly and when I hit the brakes, the brake lights up brightly. Just no running light.

Checked all wires, seem to be good. All connectors seem to be good too.

What could be wrong with it? Can it only be loose wires cuz I may have overlooked them. Or is it defective?

Defective or not, I got a hotbodies undertail coming in just cuz I needed to upgrade.

Old 01-03-2008, 12:09 AM
Ironmang
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: LED brake light; no running light

You plugged both of the plugs in, right? I believe the clear alternatives has 2 plugs if I remember right. But otherwise, just gotta check and see if there's voltage getting to it. It's the blue with brown tracer, I do believe for the taillight. If it has voltage, you know the taillight is defective

Old 01-03-2008, 01:14 PM

2 ddaren
Do you mean this one tail light?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/00-03...spagenameZWDVW
I want to buy it too, so ask you to tellifyou successed in making it work as running light.

Old 01-03-2008, 05:03 PM

hmmm. in a way, it looks like mine, but not. The shape is a little different than mine.

Old 01-03-2008, 05:38 PM
Ironmang

ORIGINAL: Retal

2 ddaren
Do you mean this one tail light?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/00-03...spagenameZWDVW
I want to buy it too, so ask you to tellifyou successed in making it work as running light.
That's the taillight I have now... had the clear alternatives previously. I like it!! It's got two circular LED blocks instead of one big perfect rectangular block of lights (like the CA). Pretty pimp... has a built in LED plate light too if you're plate is mounted there

Old 01-04-2008, 12:36 PM

thirdgenlxi
tnx, your post is helpful, i suppose i'll order this one. Does it work properly as the running light? License plate light is useless because it is quite ok to ride without registration number.

Old 01-04-2008, 08:23 PM
Ironmang

ORIGINAL: Retal

thirdgenlxi
tnx, your post is helpful, i suppose i'll order this one. Does it work properly as the running light? License plate light is useless because it is quite ok to ride without registration number.
Yea it works perfect brake and taillight. Only thing that doesn't work right on mine is the license plate light... it worked for awile when I first installed it, then it went out, now if it's cold it'll flash on and off really fast, almost looks like a strobe hahahah. People behind me are probably like "WTF??" LOL

Old 01-15-2008, 07:46 AM

Okay guys, figured out my problem. There are normally 2 plastic connectors that have 3 wires going into each of them. I believe the 3 wires is ground, running light, and brake light.

Since the Clear alternatives LED brake light only requires one of these 2 connectors to be used the other can be left out. However, the one that was connected was broken in a way. There are 3 metal prongs on the plastic connector that connects with the tail light, I noticed one prong was completely broken. That one was the running light. I simply used the other connector and worked perfectly!

attached is a picture with the 2 connectors circled.