CBR 600F4 1999 - 2000 Honda CBR 600F4 Forum

LED intergrated tail light help..no running light

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2007, 10:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LED intergrated tail light help..no running light

I installed an LED intergrated tail light..brake and signals work but have no ruuning light...I was told I had to splice the running light from one harness and attach to the other...I've done that and still nothing. If there's soemone out there that has installed one, please help. thank you.

Old 09-06-2007, 10:26 PM
Retired Administrator
Default RE: LED intergrated tail light help..no running light

I've done a couple of them and as I remember.... the only thing I had to splice was the turn signals. I remember the brake and tail light using the same plug.

Old 09-07-2007, 05:57 PM

Hey,
I'm thinking that after I installed front flush signal lights, it disabled the running lights for the entire bike. The front flush mounts dont have a running light option, thats ok, I can live with that but now it has affected the rear running light which is unsafe. I tried re-installing the old(stock) rear signal lamps(the big orange plastic ones) to see if I the running lights would work and still nothing. So, how do I go about getting the running lights to work again in the back? Is it like christmas lights, one bulb is out and it affects all the others? please help.

Old 09-07-2007, 07:45 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The tail lights should still be working.... Even if the front flushmounts are a single circut design. Does your tail lights support 2 circuts or just one (the brake)? I have the mototek undertail with hot bodies flushmount front turn signals (single circut) and my running lights workin the rear. There are 3 wires to each brake light, Black w/ brown (which is the brake light), Green w/ yellow (running lights) and solid green (common ground). Your turn signals are Blue is positive for the right, Red is positive forthe left and green is common ground for both. Did you check your brake light switches? I had to adjust my rear once by adjusting the threaded color on the switch, it was to tight and the brakes wouldn't shut off. lol Hope this can help you track down the problem.

Old 09-07-2007, 07:59 PM

The brake and signals work but no running light...I have same colored wires at the back that connect to a harness. I've been reading up on here and they say I should have my the front flush mount running lights hooked up...the problem was when I installed them, everytime I attached the runner it would screw up the blinkers, ie: I would hit left blinker and back right would work or hit the right blinker and nothing so I didnt connect the runner and all the blinkers worked fine. I would never guess that because the fronts werent connected, the back running light wouldnt work...should I connect the front somehow so i get runners to the front?
thanks

Old 09-07-2007, 08:04 PM
Retired Administrator

Have you checked to see if you blew a fuse? I know it's a simple thing, but have to ask. Did you have a wire left over after you installed the front LEDs? You should.

Old 09-07-2007, 08:33 PM
Banned

I'm thinking that you shouldn't have running lights on an integrated tail light... ?

Red until you use your turn signals...

Right?

Old 09-07-2007, 08:44 PM
Retired Administrator

No... the running/tail light is still there. You have the dim red for tail light, brighter red for brakes and the yellow over powers the red on the side you are turning to.

Old 09-07-2007, 09:44 PM

yes, i have 1 wire left over in front(1 on each side)...im ok with not have running lights in front but wondering if i need them in order to have the back light working..for those who are confused, the new tail light should be on when i turn the key, blinkers intergrated in it and brake light comes on when braking...all fuses are fine.

Old 09-07-2007, 09:48 PM
Retired Administrator

How about this, can you take pictures? I know it's a pain with the plastic and all, but there has to be something simple we're missing here.

Quick Reply: LED intergrated tail light help..no running light