600 Modifications This section is specifically for questions and advice pertaining to mods of the current 600 models.

Signals Won't Blink??

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2008, 06:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Signals Won't Blink??

Installed the wires correctly,dont know what the problem is.
They staySolid ONand do not blink.
Installed like this:-
front signals,two wires connected to each signal(properly),they wont blink.they stay solid on!

Rear Integrated taillight installed

left turn signal stay solid ON but the right one wont even turn ON.
Any suggestions or installation instructions somewhere.Thanks

Old 05-21-2008, 07:44 PM
Default RE: Signals Won't Blink??

what kind of flushies?? i had the same problem with my f4. I actually had them wired in backwards... so left turn signal was right and same on the other side. Is it a two wire signal light into a three wire connection? Mine was two wire.. i see you said that they were wiredcorrectly but i will say how i wired them cuzsomethin on there is messed up...this is what i did.

1.Got automotive wire to extend the wires cuz i didn't have much slack.
2. Then the signal will have either black or green for ground... green is ground on bikes.. well mine is anyways. Connect those two. 3.The other wire has to be wired into the solid color on the bike. This is likely a blue solid and an orange solid wire. Make sure you know what side is what... or else it will be solid on(that was my problem). Now hopefully it will be good to go... i dunno what else could be wrong.

Old 05-21-2008, 08:43 PM

the front signals came with 2 wires on each,and the backintegrated taillighti just took it off my cousin's cbr and connected the same way it was disconnected from his.

its really pain in the **** to do make these signals work man!!

I will try this tomr and refresh this page again..thanks

Old 05-21-2008, 10:33 PM

You might need resistors.

Old 05-22-2008, 01:43 AM

i am having this same problem with my hot bodies flushys. except on my bike the left signal stays solid and i dont even get the blinker flashing on the instrument panel. cant figure out what im doing wrong. if you turn the right signal on the left stays solid and nothing on the right. if you turn the left signal on nothin happens. if you press the signal cancel the left stays solid. very confused and frustrated

Old 05-22-2008, 04:21 AM

kankoon----> sounds like you have the same problem as the initial situation. Try my wiring... cuz it help me fix it. I didn't have to take the front cowl off either so it shouldn't be too bad.
spiderc---> resistors won't do anything in this situation. There is something wrong with the wiring.. not the blink rate

Old 05-22-2008, 10:26 AM

ok so i just got home from work and re wired it all and now they dont come on at all not even solid. the blinkers dont come up on the dash either nor on the rear signals. none at all anymore

i have both the hot bodies flushys wired as follows:
red on signals to plain orange/blue on bike
black on signals to green on bike
and then sense no running lights the orange/blue wires with white stripes are just taped off. do you think i might have blown a fuse? i didnt think about it till just now but i probally should have un hooked my battery. any ideas guys? im supposed to ride it down to my insurance company today or tomorrow to finish up getting it insured. but i just got a speeding ticket in my truck last night so i cant afford to get one for no signals on my bike..

Old 05-22-2008, 11:38 AM

never mind guys figured out i blew the fuse when messin with them and they just werent getting a very good connection but there workin good now. thanks for the help!

Old 05-22-2008, 01:14 PM

haha yeah i was gonna say fuse