600 Modifications This section is specifically for questions and advice pertaining to mods of the current 600 models.

How to install a Jardine slip on?

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2006, 03:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to install a Jardine slip on?

I just bought a Jardine RT1 polished aluminum slip on for my 06CBR600RR online. I always thought slip on meant it slips on to an existing clamped area holding your stock exhaust midpipe and can on. I was looking underneath my motorcycle and I noticed that everything seems to be welded directly to the headers and then bolted on to the engine. Unless I overlooked a clamp somewhere, how exactly does this thing slip on? Any instructions or how to's would be greatly appreciated.

Old 09-06-2006, 03:39 PM
Default RE: How to install a Jardine slip on?

ORIGINAL: rockhardclimbr

I just bought a Jardine RT1 polished aluminum slip on for my 06CBR600RR online. I always thought slip on meant it slips on to an existing clamped area holding your stock exhaust midpipe and can on. I was looking underneath my motorcycle and I noticed that everything seems to be welded directly to the headers and then bolted on to the engine. Unless I overlooked a clamp somewhere, how exactly does this thing slip on? Any instructions or how to's would be greatly appreciated.

Check it out....

Yep your missing clamp #17 on this thing... you dont need to disconnect the headers to the exhaust. Your new pipe should have came with a mid pipe. Disconnect the stock mid pipe and thats where the new one goes........hope this helps

Old 09-06-2006, 05:47 PM

Hey thanks so much. Thanks for that website link too. That'll definetly come in handy. Take care.

Old 09-15-2006, 02:27 AM

have you installed the slip on? how long did it take? i was thinking about the jardine slip and installing myself too.

Old 09-15-2006, 03:20 AM

hey man. i just installed it today. i'm kind of slow when it comes to doing maintenance cause i like to take my time and make sure i do it right so u may be able to do it faster. i'm actually still not done with it. i'll finish it in the morning. i started out by taking off the rear fender and setting it on top of the bike. i then took off the right peg by just removing the 3 bolts holding it on and setting it aside. i didn't disconnect the brake lines or anything. i removed the heat shield to get to the exhaust clamp. there is a few bolts along the frame holding the stock exhaust on that i removed and was very easy to slip everything out of the way. the new pipe went on very easily i had no issues with anything rubbing or out of place. the directions that came with the pipe were very good. i wish they had photos though to make life a little easier, but i was able to figure it out pretty well. the stock gasket for the midpipe i wasn't able to use it was too large to fit the new midpipe on so i didn't use it. once i got it attached i just sealed the area with some high temp RTV sealant. haven't really run the bike yet for a long time so i hope it works. if not i'll have to order a new gasket and try and fit it in there. the actual muffler can was kind of interesting to install. the bolt they gave you with the clamp that attaches to your frame shanked out before it tightly held the clamp. so i just used 2 washers from my hardware supply to clamp it down solid. get rid of the whole stock heat shield u really dont need to reuse it. i tried to see if it would fit but the pipe seemed like it would be rubbing on it a lot so i just left it off. now that i know what i'm doing it would really only take a couple hours to do. but i'm kind of **** and it took me about 4 hours to get to where i am now. i just have to put the fender back on and the right peg. overall i would say it's definetly not hard to do. just take ur time and pay attention to how everything goes back together. there is a lot of bolts and open holes you won't have to use after ur done. just consider that weight you don't carry any more. i didn't feel any leaks around where the muffler attaches to the pipe, but there was definetly some leaking air where the midpipe attaches to the header pipe. that's where i sealed it as best as i could with the RTV sealant and i hope it works. other than that i hope this works for you. i'll take some pictures tomorrow before i get the plastic all back on and post them on here so you can see how it fits on the bike and how i sealed the midpipe. just let me know if u have any more questions. i did start the bike up and the pipe was loud! it sounded really mean. and when i shut it off there was a lot of exhaust fumes pouring out the can. its pretty much a straight pipe. i can't wait to see how she performs after tomorrow's test run. i'll let you know. thanks for the interest. let me know if u have any more questions!!!

Old 09-16-2006, 08:43 PM

thanks for the input. i've actually already removed the rear section of the bike when i did my custom fender eliminator and rear signal relocation. but overall, the install seems pretty straight forward. 2 hrs sounds just right. yeah post pics when u have time, that would be great.

Old 09-17-2006, 12:17 AM

cool man. if u wanted i think you could fit the lower part of the heat shield back on that covers the clamp. but i just left that **** off. haven't been able to take any good pictures yet. its been raining the past couple of days i didnt' want to pull the bike out and have it model for me. i test drove it once though and the pipe is definetly good sounding. its quiet at a steady RPM but when you get on it you can def. hear it coming. i'm happy with it. let me know when you get urs on. i'd love to see some photos. i used high temp RTV 133 sealant around the clamp in case ur interested in doing that. i have no air leaks whatsoever and it holds up to the heat very well. talk to u soon.