600 Modifications This section is specifically for questions and advice pertaining to mods of the current 600 models.

Gregg's Custom turn signal install.

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2007, 07:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gregg's Custom turn signal install.

How do I install Gregg's Custom turn signal on a 2006 CBR 600RR, and do I have to cut any wires from my stock turn signal.

Old 09-13-2007, 12:27 PM
Default RE: Gregg's Custom turn signal install.

Most turn signals all intsall in pretty much the same manner. Your stock turn signals will have a disconnect in the wiring. When I installed my hotbodies I cut the wires on the out side of the disconnect, so it would still be there. Just splice the wiring from you new signals, you will be left with an extra wire which is for your running lights, just cap the end of that wire; as most aftermarket signals do not come set up for running lights.

Old 09-15-2007, 03:11 AM
Default RE: Gregg's Custom turn signal install.

I had a shop do mine(I hate electrial stuff), but it was pretty simple from watching them. You need a wrench or good ratchet to get behind the front fairing if you don't take it off (I didn't). Take the nut off and pull out the stock turn signals. Next you'll need to splice the wires apart and figure out which ones is the signal/ground/running light. My shop used a screwdriver with a light on it and tested them all to figure out, so I don't remember which one was what. You might need to take some of the execess wiring out so wires aren't hanging around when you reinstall, but leave enough there incase you need to go back to fix something later. After that just hook up your signal wire and ground. Cap off the running wire with a cap/electrial tape so it doesn't come off from riding/vibration. Now test and make sure you hooked it up right. If none of your turn signals work, you either blew a fuse or didn't get the right wires correct. I believe the signal fuses are on the side fairing box fora referance.

If all goes well, just place the Greggs back into the OEM slot and tighten up the nut and head to the otherside. GL with everything!