600 Modifications This section is specifically for questions and advice pertaining to mods of the current 600 models.

Flush-Mount Installation Help Needed

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2006, 07:56 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flush-Mount Installation Help Needed

GeeeZ~ spend couple hours trying to firgure this out !! Getting No Where After blowing fuses after fuses .. I know some people says "when you understand How ELECTRIC works ? Its actually fun " o_O okay~ I really need your help on this one guys .. after went throught some old posts ( got some kinda info about resister and relay ) .. but im still kinda stuck .. i took some pictures and lay out points .. hopefully it will help me and guys out there planing to buy some flush-mount .

my first problem is it blinks way too fast ( it alomost look like running light when signal is on ) .. i understand that i have to add a resister order for me to slow down blinking .. so i installed a resister ( 20ohm ) between stock power wire and power wire for flush-mount . and of course stock ground to gournd on flush-mount . result is the SAME . coudlnt even tell the diffrence with or without . did i do something wrong there ? maybe be a wrong installation on resister ?

guys just dying to hear a solution

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c2.../FMPROJECT.jpg

Old 07-08-2006, 04:48 PM
Default RE: Flush-Mount Installation Help Needed

The resistors are supposed to run in parallel, not in series. This means they go across the negative and positive wires, rather than in a line, so you should only be using one resistor per side. Are your flush mounts two wire or three? If they are two wired then the ground doesn't do anything and you just hook up the neg and pos.

Just looked at your pic again, you've got it labeled all wrong. You've got a two wire LED (which most aftermarkets are). There isn't a ground, one is pos the other is neg. You won't be able to have running lights with these.

Old 07-08-2006, 10:38 PM

ORIGINAL: dragonium25

The resistors are supposed to run in parallel, not in series. This means they go across the negative and positive wires, rather than in a line, so you should only be using one resistor per side. Are your flush mounts two wire or three? If they are two wired then the ground doesn't do anything and you just hook up the neg and pos.

Just looked at your pic again, you've got it labeled all wrong. You've got a two wire LED (which most aftermarkets are). There isn't a ground, one is pos the other is neg. You won't be able to have running lights with these.
Damm Parallel ~ Stupid Me lol ur da MAN Dragonium25 .. tks man .. just tried as soon as got this message .. worked great !!!! isnt negative wire all suppose to be ground ?? well i guess not .. but problem sloved

Old 07-09-2006, 06:41 PM

im with Drag on that...looks like u have a 3 wire stock set up and a 2 wire flushmount...

I had the same with my Hotbodies and lost runners..so i went to 3 wire Lockhart Phillips...so that way there was no confusion..i still wired it wrong..but in the end i figured it out...and looks so much better than the stock blinkers..

post some pics when ya get it finished..

Old 07-09-2006, 09:56 PM

ORIGINAL: CBRFREEK

im with Drag on that...looks like u have a 3 wire stock set up and a 2 wire flushmount...

I had the same with my Hotbodies and lost runners..so i went to 3 wire Lockhart Phillips...so that way there was no confusion..i still wired it wrong..but in the end i figured it out...and looks so much better than the stock blinkers..

post some pics when ya get it finished..

I will as soon as i get my front upper cowl ( on back order due to wrong color) went down on angeles crest highway here are the damages ^_^

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c2...0/SA500274.jpg

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c2...0/SA500275.jpg