600 Modifications This section is specifically for questions and advice pertaining to mods of the current 600 models.

Exhaust Thread.. Read Before You KIll Me

Old 04-07-2013, 10:49 PM
Question Exhaust Thread.. Read Before You KIll Me

I'm not going to ask if exhaust x, y or z will give me X HP, I'm not worried about that.

I'm torn between Leo Vince SBK, Jardine RT-1 Dual, Scorpion and Yoshimura. I've spent my last two days here at work listening TONS and TONS of exhaust clips.

My question is why do they ALL sound the same? Maybe there are slight different pitches to the tone, but to me they all sound the same.

Is one company better than the other?

Old 04-07-2013, 11:03 PM

Is it b/c all the casings are the same for the motorcycle? Basically a straight through desing with some baffels and packing on the inside of the muffler.

But Yet if you were to put a Flowmaster, Magnaflow, Borla, GMMG, SLP LM1 on a Trans Am, you're gonna hear a different tone from each different manfacturer.

Old 04-08-2013, 12:45 AM

if your just putting a slip on , on no real difference
its when you go with a full system you'll see and feel the changes
unless you go with a two sisters exhaust those things are just loud

Old 04-08-2013, 02:35 AM
Retired Super Moderator, Tin Star Man & Hurricane Saloon Prospect, ROTM Feb 2015

Yep, a pipe with wool inside makes the same sound no matter what logo it has riveted on the side... It pretty much has to be a chambered resonator muffler to be able to enhance or reduce spesific frequencies. For example I have a Remus resonator muffler on my f2 and it clearly amplifies the idle growl and the redline howl but the normal drive level is nice and quiet, almost cannot hear it over the wind noise. Another thing is the microphone (specially if recorded with a telephone) is usually tuned for speech frequencies and your computer speakers aint helping... They pretty much cut out the freqs you're wanting to hear...

Old 04-08-2013, 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by Mattson View Post
..... Another thing is the microphone (specially if recorded with a telephone) is usually tuned for speech frequencies and your computer speakers aint helping... They pretty much cut out the freqs you're wanting to hear...
Yes! As Mattson points out, the limitations of the recording and playback equipment and recording conditions make it very difficult to hear any real differences. Short of hearing the real thing yourself, or a side by side done at the same time, same way, same conditions.... it's a coin toss.

Old 04-10-2013, 10:41 PM

I think I am going to go with a Leo Vince or a Jardine with the dual outlet design.