600 Modifications This section is specifically for questions and advice pertaining to mods of the current 600 models.

Connector Question...

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2006, 11:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Connector Question...

does anyone know what type (the name) of connector is used to connect the turn signals to the wiring harness. I am trying to install a "hot bodies" untertail exhaust along with flush turn signals in front. I know I can just cut and splice everything but I would like to keep the wiring harness in tact. I need to know where I can get those locking connectors. I have an 06 600rr. any help would be great. thanks.

Old 09-29-2006, 05:49 AM
Default RE: Connector Question...

do what i did, i cut behind the wiring harness. basically, cut the harness (with enough slack) off the rest. then connect your two wires from there, remeber you'll lose you running lights when you do this. Same thing with the rear signals, they have the harness, just cut the harness completely off, and splice from there.

Remember im not talking about cutting everything, im talking about cutting the harness that connects to the main wires. not the other way around.

Old 10-01-2006, 02:05 AM

first off, thank you for the info, but, I d not want to damage the factory wiring harness. I know that I can cut and splice as I wish but those warenty guys can be pretty particular. I would aslo like to give other members a factoy option with this info. thanks////Ron

Old 10-01-2006, 06:16 PM

I think what Dragtheknee is saying is...cut the wires/stock connector off your stock lights. Take this piece end splice it to your flushmounts. The rears are simple (2-wire). The fronts are 3-wire...
ground (separate plug-in) and a plug in with 2 wires. Need to isolate these.. one if for Blink and other is for Running Lights, especially if you are going with a Blink only up front. To determine which is which, simply turn the key on, connect your ground wires, and then touch your remaining wire into each side of the double connector. When it lights up. you want the OTHER connector for Blink. BTW, not sure if the HONDA warrenty covers signal lights.

Old 10-01-2006, 08:05 PM

that would work too but, what I want to end up with is nothing that is stock cut. I am not sure about bikes but I know from cars that you never get out of your parts what you put in. some day if I would ever sell it I would want to put everything back to stock. I have a 5 year warrenty on the bike also. If I would ever need serious work done I would like NOT to have any signs that it was modded. does anyone know where I could purchase these connectors? or does anyone have all the female connectors from thier past projects and like to sell them? I would be looking for all 5. four turn signal and one plate light connector.

Old 10-02-2006, 06:00 AM

I can appreciate wanting to keep all your stock parts unmolested. Try ChaparralMotorsports.com. The got something called marker light connectors for "Honda" and " Honda 600RR".

Old 10-02-2006, 04:55 PM

Go to ebay and search for "cbr connector". The result should be what your looking for. It is basically the connector that you are looking for on one end and female bullet connectors on the other. I just bought a few pairs of these and cut the bullet connectors off and wired up to those. I was like you, I didn't want to touch the stock harness. The seller that I got mine from was the kawasaki store.

Old 10-02-2006, 08:47 PM

thank-you guys for all the help. I ordered a couple sets through "Chaparral Motorsports". here are the part #'s for anyone else who would need them. they come in sets for like 6 bucks. the front is L122-96515 this is the "double" because of the running light. the rear is L122-96514 this is the single. I also ordered an extra "single" so I can hook up a couple of LED's for my license plate.