600 Modifications This section is specifically for questions and advice pertaining to mods of the current 600 models.

CBR1000RR Mirrors on an '06 CBR600F4i?

Old 09-22-2015, 11:13 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CBR1000RR Mirrors on an '06 CBR600F4i?

So, when I bailed on my CBR, I lost a mirror. The thing had flush mount turn signals, and while I'm thinking of putting those on my new fairings as well, I am also thinking of taking mirrors with integrated turn signals (such as those found on the CBR1000RR) and putting them on the bike.

The question, of course, is "Will they fit?" I imagine the mounting points are similar, and I'm thinking the most intense mod I would have to do with this would be drilling a small hole for the wiring, but I want to make sure before I buy mirrors I can't do anything with

Old 09-22-2015, 10:08 PM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I'd try to cross reference an aftermarket part, such as mirror block off plates or something, and go from there. I would think you'd have to drill a hole for the mirror signals or something into the fairing/fairing stay, nothing major...

Old 09-22-2015, 11:55 PM

The first option was actually to go with a Bikemaster OEM-spec replacement (no way in hell I'm buying a new set of mirrors straight from Honda)

All I really needed to know about was the fit, so presuming it's the same, I'm okay with a discreet hole or two

Now onto my follow-up question: How would I go about splicing the mirror signals (which are bulbs) and the turn signals proper (which are LED) into one connector? Like, is that even something that SHOULD be done?

Old 09-23-2015, 12:05 AM

Originally Posted by PiotrTheGreat
The first option was actually to go with a Bikemaster OEM-spec replacement (no way in hell I'm buying a new set of mirrors straight from Honda)

All I really needed to know about was the fit, so presuming it's the same, I'm okay with a discreet hole or two

Now onto my follow-up question: How would I go about splicing the mirror signals (which are bulbs) and the turn signals proper (which are LED) into one connector? Like, is that even something that SHOULD be done?
Just find out what connector you have for your turn signal and buy the y connector on fleabay. It keeps it close to factory as possible, plus its less of a headache in case you don't want it some day. The only other thing I'd say is to buy an led flasher relay to handle the low load of the LEDs. Good luck

Old 09-23-2015, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by TooBroke0029
Just find out what connector you have for your turn signal and buy the y connector on fleabay. It keeps it close to factory as possible, plus its less of a headache in case you don't want it some day. The only other thing I'd say is to buy an led flasher relay to handle the low load of the LEDs. Good luck
But then do I have to worry about there being too much load if I have the LED flashers AND the mirror flashers going through one connector?

Old 09-23-2015, 02:09 PM

But then do I have to worry about there being too much load if I have the LED flashers AND the mirror flashers going through one connector?
Did your signals hyperflash with the flush mounts? I would buy an led flasher relay, hook it up and be done with it. Load/resistancr increase in series not in parralel they are reduced.

Old 09-24-2015, 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by TooBroke0029
Did your signals hyperflash with the flush mounts? I would buy an led flasher relay, hook it up and be done with it. Load/resistancr increase in series not in parralel they are reduced.
They did hyperflash

So, I'll just get relays, hook the LEDs into the relays and into the connectors, then run the mirror bulbs into the connector as well, yes?

Old 09-25-2015, 03:00 PM

They did hyperflash

So, I'll just get relays, hook the LEDs into the relays and into the connectors, then run the mirror bulbs into the connector as well, yes?
Let me clarify something, there's only one turn signal relay on your bike the new relay replaces the old one. You will connect the turn signals to the y connector which in turn connects to the factory turn signal plug.