CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   600 Modifications (https://cbrforum.com/forum/600-modifications-41/)
-   -   CBR1000RR Mirrors on an '06 CBR600F4i? (https://cbrforum.com/forum/600-modifications-41/cbr1000rr-mirrors-06-cbr600f4i-153871/)

PiotrTheGreat 09-22-2015 11:13 AM

CBR1000RR Mirrors on an '06 CBR600F4i?

So, when I bailed on my CBR, I lost a mirror. The thing had flush mount turn signals, and while I'm thinking of putting those on my new fairings as well, I am also thinking of taking mirrors with integrated turn signals (such as those found on the CBR1000RR) and putting them on the bike.

The question, of course, is "Will they fit?" I imagine the mounting points are similar, and I'm thinking the most intense mod I would have to do with this would be drilling a small hole for the wiring, but I want to make sure before I buy mirrors I can't do anything with

Conrice 09-22-2015 10:08 PM

I'd try to cross reference an aftermarket part, such as mirror block off plates or something, and go from there. I would think you'd have to drill a hole for the mirror signals or something into the fairing/fairing stay, nothing major...

PiotrTheGreat 09-22-2015 11:55 PM

The first option was actually to go with a Bikemaster OEM-spec replacement (no way in hell I'm buying a new set of mirrors straight from Honda)

All I really needed to know about was the fit, so presuming it's the same, I'm okay with a discreet hole or two

Now onto my follow-up question: How would I go about splicing the mirror signals (which are bulbs) and the turn signals proper (which are LED) into one connector? Like, is that even something that SHOULD be done?

TooBroke0029 09-23-2015 12:05 AM

Originally Posted by PiotrTheGreat (Post 1291558)
The first option was actually to go with a Bikemaster OEM-spec replacement (no way in hell I'm buying a new set of mirrors straight from Honda)

All I really needed to know about was the fit, so presuming it's the same, I'm okay with a discreet hole or two

Now onto my follow-up question: How would I go about splicing the mirror signals (which are bulbs) and the turn signals proper (which are LED) into one connector? Like, is that even something that SHOULD be done?

Just find out what connector you have for your turn signal and buy the y connector on fleabay. It keeps it close to factory as possible, plus its less of a headache in case you don't want it some day. The only other thing I'd say is to buy an led flasher relay to handle the low load of the LEDs. Good luck

PiotrTheGreat 09-23-2015 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by TooBroke0029 (Post 1291560)
Just find out what connector you have for your turn signal and buy the y connector on fleabay. It keeps it close to factory as possible, plus its less of a headache in case you don't want it some day. The only other thing I'd say is to buy an led flasher relay to handle the low load of the LEDs. Good luck

But then do I have to worry about there being too much load if I have the LED flashers AND the mirror flashers going through one connector?

TooBroke0029 09-23-2015 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by PiotrTheGreat (Post 1291566)
But then do I have to worry about there being too much load if I have the LED flashers AND the mirror flashers going through one connector?

Did your signals hyperflash with the flush mounts? I would buy an led flasher relay, hook it up and be done with it. Load/resistancr increase in series not in parralel they are reduced.

PiotrTheGreat 09-24-2015 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by TooBroke0029 (Post 1291569)
Did your signals hyperflash with the flush mounts? I would buy an led flasher relay, hook it up and be done with it. Load/resistancr increase in series not in parralel they are reduced.

They did hyperflash

So, I'll just get relays, hook the LEDs into the relays and into the connectors, then run the mirror bulbs into the connector as well, yes?

TooBroke0029 09-25-2015 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by PiotrTheGreat (Post 1291600)
They did hyperflash

So, I'll just get relays, hook the LEDs into the relays and into the connectors, then run the mirror bulbs into the connector as well, yes?

Let me clarify something, there's only one turn signal relay on your bike the new relay replaces the old one. You will connect the turn signals to the y connector which in turn connects to the factory turn signal plug.