600 Modifications This section is specifically for questions and advice pertaining to mods of the current 600 models.

air filter install help

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2008, 12:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default air filter install help

hello, i have looked on here for a how-to on removing the stock air filter and placing a new one inside with negative results. i am learning about my bike and don't feel 100% just taking stuff off and need some help. does anyone know of a how -to install on filters? my bike currently is mostly apart now from a recent accident i was in, and i have removed the top to the air cleaner box, among other things. i can see the stock filter in there but didn't know if i need to remove the entire box. i can see there is maybe 4 little screws holding it in there, am i right? i was wondering how i was going to reach the ones on the bottom. thats why i thought i must have to remove the entire air box. any help and or photos would be great. thank you

Old 04-13-2008, 12:34 PM
Default RE: air filter install help

Two screws on the top you need to remove... Three on the bottom you need to loosen but do not remove. It will shimmy put from there.

Old 04-13-2008, 02:02 PM

excellent, thank you. that i can do.

another question... do i need a specific map for the new filter? i'm also installing a power commander. yesterday i put on my new 2 bros exhaust and saw on the PCIII website there is a map for the 2 bros, but it says something like aftermarket air filter. i bought the bc one and wondered if i needed a specific map for that combination. some day, but not in the very near furture i would like to have a custom map done, but for now, i just want it to have a smoother throttle band, and not really looking for screaming (the most i can get out if it) horsepower.

Old 04-15-2008, 02:17 PM

god that was scary how easy it was to put in. i think the hardest part was trying to find the right length of screwdriver to use for the 3 bottom ones. what a difference in size too. the stock one is huge compared the the new one. thanks for your help, again.

Old 04-15-2008, 05:27 PM

You dont need a specific map. I have the same set up as you, two bros slip on and aftermarket exauhst with power commander, and i am running a Jardine slipon exhaust Stock or aftermarket air filter map (could not find a two bros map). I tweeked with it a bit and it seams to be running fine.

Where did you find the two bros map?

Old 04-15-2008, 09:03 PM

ORIGINAL: Nimbus87

You dont need a specific map. I have the same set up as you, two bros slip on and aftermarket exauhst with power commander, and i am running a Jardine slipon exhaust Stock or aftermarket air filter map (could not find a two bros map). I tweeked with it a bit and it seams to be running fine.

Where did you find the two bros map?
this is straight from the PCIII website. its file M127-002
http://www.powercommander.com/powerc...37&yr=2007

scroll down a bit i think its the third one down.