600 Modifications This section is specifically for questions and advice pertaining to mods of the current 600 models.

1995 Headlights

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2011, 09:57 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1995 Headlights

Can anyone help me? I just passed my bike test today and one of the people on my test with me is selling a 1995 CBR 600. The bike looks really nice, a couple of small scratches but all in all potentially a good buy. It was her fathers its prety much sat in his garage since he bought it 12 years ago and he has given it to his daughter but its too heavy for her. I like the bike but was wondering is there any way you can change the single headlight to twins?

Forgive my ameture termination, im new to this forum stuff.

thanks

Old 05-22-2011, 03:27 PM
Received 377 Likes on 340 Posts

Anything's possible, but it comes down to a matter of bang-for-the-buck & effort. The process is something like this:

1. pick headlight and upper-fairing from later generation, the CBR600F4i is the 1st one to come with dual lights

2. buy headlight, wiring-harness, upper-fairing, mounting-brackets and mirrors from later model, might as well pick up side-fairings as well since there will be mis-matched gaps between the two if you have upper from one and lowers from a different model

3. attach mounting-bracket for new headlight & fairing onto old frame, may need some cutting & welding of bracket for proper alignment of parts. The gauge-cluster should be attached firmly to the bracket.

4. attach headlight, upper-fairing and mirrors

5. splice wiring-harness of dual-headlights into existing wiring. Usually one light is low-beam and the other is high-beam, so you'll need to split off the current wiring-plug.

6. attach side fairings

You'll want to count the hours it takes for this work and multiply by your wages. Often times, it will end up costing you less to just spend those hours working, then buying the bike with the dual-headlights you want. But if you've got lots of time on your hands and aren't working, then go for it.

Last edited by dannoxyz; 05-22-2011 at 03:34 PM.