1000 Modifications This section is specifically for questions and advice pertaining to mods of the current 1000 models.

where is exhaust actuator?

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2008, 09:44 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default where is exhaust actuator?

installed Jardine slip on and directions show to remove cables from exhaust actuator. (on left side by the idle adjuster). i have nothing there, even pulled the tank incase that was blocking my view. cable from the old midpipedisappear into a plastic mold behind the battery. is that where the actuator is?
I have an 06 1000
thanks,,

Old 09-20-2008, 02:24 PM
Default RE: where is exhaust actuator?

Yeah, in that plastic behind the battery. The Jardine directions were terrible. I'm gonna be totally honest here, and probably catch some crap on this from all the readers here, lol, but I took each cable one at a time. Pulled one, heard actuator turn, and pulled until it wouldn't pull out any further, then cut it. lol. Right next to where it disappears into hole. Then pulled other cable as far as it would go (hearing stuff turn inside again) and cut that one. lol.

Havent had any problems and dont forsee any. All that's left in that little box is just a small section of wire attached to that "ball" inside that connects it. So they move around in there probably, but dont see how it'll harm anything as being how that actuator don't docrap anymore but move here and there at different rpm's.

Old 09-20-2008, 05:30 PM

Starleak, thanks.
Was at the dealership and asked the service dept and they told me what i thought. Behind battery,, will try to open that up. if too much of pain i will sever the wires as well.

Old 09-21-2008, 01:11 AM

yea had the same problem, i have an 06 1000RR and it took me about 45 minutes to realize that it was under the battery, its easy to tell because the cables from the stock exhaust valve go right under the passenger seat.. anyway i talked to my buddy at my honda shop and he said that in 2005 they moved it from up by the idler to the rear of the bike..

as for cutting the cables as you pull the servo, yea id have to say i would give you crap if i saw you do that haha. first of all the pieces you cut might get stuck as it turns, and second, im surprised you didnt get the F light on the dash when you started her up again unless you magically returned the servo back where you started. if you dont move that servo back to its original position your ecu will read an error... wont hurt anything but youll have to deal looking at that light on the dash... i marked it with a sharpie and then did my business, because you cant get those cable ends out of their cradles without turning the servo, its hard to get in there to begin with... i just took all the plastic off of the back.. its easy to see then. boo for Jardine and their half *** directions!!!

Old 09-21-2008, 10:01 AM

I never had any light come on. Pretty sure I didn't reset servo back to correct position either. lol. Unless I just got ridiculously lucky on where it ended up. After cutting them, I turned on bike, heard crud move in there, then everything was fine, and it fired up. No problems ever with it. I don't hear it move any more either.

Old 09-22-2008, 01:08 AM

Yea well i didnt get the light either, but i marked it before i moved it.. i was told by my friend whos a honda mechanic that you will get the error light if you dont, but hey you might have just had a good day, time to go buy a lotto ticket! i HAVE heard however that just cutting the cables has posed a problem sometimes, but again... you might be on a hot streak ..im not saying it happens all the time, i just like to do things the absolute no cutting corners way... im just neurotic like that...