1000 Modifications This section is specifically for questions and advice pertaining to mods of the current 1000 models.

Soon to be CARBON FIBER fireblade!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2012, 10:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AAA817
I am going to turn my 08 Red/Black Fireblade into a carbon fiber machine.

I currently have the R77 Yoshi slip-on w/ carbon muffler & end cap along with the Tekarbon front fender, rear hugger, chain guard cover and tank side panels.

Parts planned:
Ilmberger
CF alternator cover - $158
CF clutch cover - $173
CF frame cover (L) - $173
CF frame cover (R) - $173
CF swingarm cover (L) - $144
CF swingarm cover (R) - $144

TEKARBON
cf heel protectors - $50
cf tank cover - $300
cf front fairing - $220
cf large side fairings - $500
cf lower side fairings - $310
cf rear under panel - $70
cf tail fairing - $180
cf belly pan - $300

Does anyone know any other CF parts I might be missing? I know of the windscreen made by a few different companies but I'm not sure I wanna go with a CF windscreen, yet. I think my idea is fairly original as I have no seen any other bikes on forums, or locally, that have done it ALL in carbon fiber. The bike will also have red accents to compliment the carbon fiber such as red levers, red valve stems, red SS lines, red rear caliper bracket, etc. If anyone has any tips or links for RED LED light systems, I would like some input on that as well.

This is NOT just a cosmetic bike either, as the slip-on is being swapped for a full system and the bike has a PCIII, ZBOMB, HM Lite Quickshifter, HRC 1/6 throttle kit, -1 front sprocket and race filter. Combining the go-fast goodies with Spider Grips, Energy Seat from Honda, and Vortex rear sets for some comfort factors.

Look forward to keeping this thread updated with pics as it comes along.
For the leds go here. The fusion led ket is the best ive ever seen and the only system i will use now. pick which ever stage you think works best and if its not enough its very easy to add more. i got the stage 4 kit for mine which is way over kill but i want my bike to glow like the sun.