1000 Modifications This section is specifically for questions and advice pertaining to mods of the current 1000 models.

Question about new slip-on on 08 CBR

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 10:09 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Question about new slip-on on 08 CBR

Hey guys..curious about a mechanical question...and hope someone with a mechanical background could help ???

Had shop professionally installed 2 bros. slip-on on the 08 CBR 1k and although it looks/sounds great I had a concern ?

I noticed of course on a cold engine the rpm's were high but after a few seconds the rpm's go high then low and then again, high then low until it levels at a little under 1.5 ...but the needle continues to dance just a touch..little... When I give it throttle it responds fine....

Is that normal..nothing to be concerned about or should I be worried ????? Just wondered b/c it's fuel injection and thought it should somehow run steadier...

Mechanic informed me that was normal and no concerns as a result of the removal of the stock exhaust....valve..open/close...issue ..more air/gas..causing increase

Any helps would be appreciated !

Old 04-30-2008, 08:18 AM
Default RE: Question about new slip-on on 08 CBR

ok i guess nobody knows about this issue..lol

anyways i did my research and found out basically its the loss of back pressure from the new short pipe no major worries however it can be tuned to perfrom better with the adjustment of fuel/air ratio..

gonna have install power commander, custom map it and then dyno to absolutely fine tune it....

just though i should answer my own question to give others some info they might not know...if they had the same issue...

Old 05-04-2008, 03:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what's good Will ??? that is a very good question and i hope i don't have this issue when i install my slip on but if i do you answered the question for me.

Old 05-04-2008, 10:32 PM

I also have the T.B. Exhaust.Installed T.B. Juice Box (fuel controller). Smoothed out the idle a little but not completely. Did get better throttle responce though.

ORIGINAL: Will1000RR

ok i guess nobody knows about this issue..lol

anyways i did my research and found out basically its the loss of back pressure from the new short pipe no major worries however it can be tuned to perfrom better with the adjustment of fuel/air ratio..

gonna have install power commander, custom map it and then dyno to absolutely fine tune it....

just though i should answer my own question to give others some info they might not know...if they had the same issue...

Old 05-05-2008, 07:59 AM

hey fellas...yeah thats pretty much the issue. I'm having the power commander and custom map done as I type and in addition having the bike dyno and this machine is really gonna be SICK ! ....lol...[sm=lol.gif]

Old 05-05-2008, 09:15 PM

So how about those dyno results, i am dying to know what it put down, as I am probably gonna pick up a pcIII as well, i can't stand to think about the european models having so much more up top.

Old 05-06-2008, 07:46 AM

yeah its already completed but I gotta pick her up. I should be able to give u guys a heads up sometime this week. Kee in mind however that dyno testing performance results from what I heard depends upon the actual weather ! Yep..so it'll be interested to see the numbers..

He did tell me it was a bit of a headache to install the PCIII in terms of the wiring etc.. I guess not too much room to work with..

I'll get more info later ....heck I might do a video info too...lol

Old 05-22-2008, 07:44 PM

I have a 08 cbr1000 and bought a two brothers carbon fiberexhaust and had the same problem with the idle and i figured it was due to a back pressure issue. so i bought theM Series P1R Road Pipe PowerTip (gold anodized) http://www.twobros.com/cgi-bin/shopp...mp;key=005-P1Rand it gave it just enough back pressure to run very clean. no more idle problem and it made it sound alot better than that straight pipe sound. hope this saves some people some money rather than buying the juice box/ power comander