1000 Modifications This section is specifically for questions and advice pertaining to mods of the current 1000 models.

No-cut frame sliders

Old 02-03-2010, 10:22 AM
April 2012 Ride of the Month
Default No-cut frame sliders

I just got a pair of no-cut frame sliders for my 2006 1Krr. Unfortunately they did not come with instructions. I was wondering if anyone could help me with the installation steps. Also if you're going to bash me about buying the no cut versions, don't waste your time. I'm not here to argue about what is better or worse. I'm not drilling holes in my couple hundred dollar fairings. I'm not trying to sound like an a$$hole but I know how some of you guys feel about the no-cut versions. I'm just looking for help. Thanks in advance

Old 02-03-2010, 12:14 PM

send em back n get real frame sliders

Old 02-03-2010, 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by burk3385 View Post
Also if you're going to bash me about buying the no cut versions, don't waste your time. I'm not drilling holes in my couple hundred dollar fairings. I'm not trying to sound like an a$$hole but I know how some of you guys feel about the no-cut versions. I'm just looking for help. Thanks in advance
Originally Posted by PlayfulGod View Post
send em back n get real frame sliders
thanks for the help... lol mabe try to contact the manufacter?
i think just about every one will tell u NOT to go with no cuts though, they are better for the bike if it does go down.

Last edited by JAKECBR1; 02-04-2010 at 07:47 AM. Reason: left a key word out
Old 02-03-2010, 04:21 PM

If you're not gonna do it right dont even bother doing it then. Look on the manufacturers site n maybe they'll have a install how to on there. Should be simple self explanatory tho, take fairings off find the holes they line up with n allow the pos to stick out the opening n wala.

And those holes in you couple hundred dollar fairings will save you thousands in a totaled frame n just maybe save your couple hundred dollar fairings. Those no-cut pofs may just cost you a bike

Old 02-03-2010, 08:18 PM
Senior Member & Lord of The Man Cave

Originally Posted by JAKECBR1 View Post
i think just about every one will tell u to go with no cuts though, they are better for the bike if it does go down.
Actually, it's just the opposite. The brackets on the no-cuts are just not sturdy enough to hold up in a hard crash.

I recently installed a set of Woodcraft cut frame sliders. It pained me to cut the 2-inch holes in the fairings of a brand new bike that I had not even ridden yet but I took my time, used a laser pointer to line things up and it turned out really nice.

Old 02-04-2010, 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by JAKECBR1 View Post
thanks for the help... lol mabe try to contact the manufacter?
i think just about every one will tell u to go with no cuts though, they are better for the bike if it does go down.
[quote=RoadiJeff;880012]Actually, it's just the opposite. The brackets on the no-cuts are just not sturdy enough to hold up in a hard crash.

i ment to to say every one will tell you NOT to go with no cuts... i guess i should have went back over what i wrote. like mentioned, the brackets are weak and actually can actually do more damage to the frame by leverage.

Last edited by JAKECBR1; 02-04-2010 at 07:51 AM.
Old 02-04-2010, 12:00 PM

[quote=JAKECBR1;880160]
Originally Posted by RoadiJeff View Post
Actually, it's just the opposite. The brackets on the no-cuts are just not sturdy enough to hold up in a hard crash.

i ment to to say every one will tell you NOT to go with no cuts... i guess i should have went back over what i wrote. like mentioned, the brackets are weak and actually can actually do more damage to the frame by leverage.
yup or snap off/bent and cause damage to the engine/parts behind them. And if you think the fairings are expensive, try replacing a head lol.

Old 02-15-2010, 06:36 PM

i got no cuts, had them on for 9000miles, i rested my legs on them for a long time while riding, got home the metal actually crack and i twisted it slightly and the frame for the no cut snapped right off. They bend to easy and they are a pos. They wouldnt save nothing even in grass!

If your going to do it get real ones!!!

Old 02-24-2010, 12:44 PM

You haters...

I have no cuts and I like them. I too didnt want to cut into my brand new fairings.

If I go down Ill be more worried about myself, not my bike. I got no cuts for those dumb incidents when your buddy sits on your bike and accidently tips it over. If the no cuts save my bike during a high speed wreck great. As long as I can walk I could care less.

Old 03-04-2010, 12:15 AM

Hey bro, I can see your view of not wanting to cut your fairings. I wrecked my F4i last summer and because of my frame sliders they saved my bike and the fairings. I just got a couple of scratches on them. The bike hit the ground so hard, it knocked a chunk of concrete out of the ground where it hit. If I didn't have them, I probably wouldn't have a bike anymore.

Its your bike do what you want. We can't predict an accident but we can prepare for it. These guys aren't bashing you, they are just trying to help you.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: No-cut frame sliders

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.