CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   1000 Modifications (https://cbrforum.com/forum/1000-modifications-42/)
-   -   No-cut frame sliders (https://cbrforum.com/forum/1000-modifications-42/no-cut-frame-sliders-105558/)

burk3385 02-03-2010 10:22 AM

No-cut frame sliders

I just got a pair of no-cut frame sliders for my 2006 1Krr. Unfortunately they did not come with instructions. I was wondering if anyone could help me with the installation steps. Also if you're going to bash me about buying the no cut versions, don't waste your time. I'm not here to argue about what is better or worse. I'm not drilling holes in my couple hundred dollar fairings. I'm not trying to sound like an a$$hole but I know how some of you guys feel about the no-cut versions. I'm just looking for help. Thanks in advance

PlayfulGod 02-03-2010 12:14 PM

send em back n get real frame sliders ;)

JAKECBR1 02-03-2010 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by burk3385 (Post 879837)
Also if you're going to bash me about buying the no cut versions, don't waste your time. I'm not drilling holes in my couple hundred dollar fairings. I'm not trying to sound like an a$$hole but I know how some of you guys feel about the no-cut versions. I'm just looking for help. Thanks in advance

Originally Posted by PlayfulGod (Post 879873)
send em back n get real frame sliders ;)

:icon_couch: thanks for the help... lol mabe try to contact the manufacter?
i think just about every one will tell u NOT to go with no cuts though, they are better for the bike if it does go down.

PlayfulGod 02-03-2010 04:21 PM

If you're not gonna do it right dont even bother doing it then. Look on the manufacturers site n maybe they'll have a install how to on there. Should be simple self explanatory tho, take fairings off find the holes they line up with n allow the pos to stick out the opening n wala.

And those holes in you couple hundred dollar fairings will save you thousands in a totaled frame n just maybe save your couple hundred dollar fairings. Those no-cut pofs may just cost you a bike ;)

RoadiJeff 02-03-2010 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by JAKECBR1 (Post 879899)
i think just about every one will tell u to go with no cuts though, they are better for the bike if it does go down.

Actually, it's just the opposite. The brackets on the no-cuts are just not sturdy enough to hold up in a hard crash.

I recently installed a set of Woodcraft cut frame sliders. It pained me to cut the 2-inch holes in the fairings of a brand new bike that I had not even ridden yet but I took my time, used a laser pointer to line things up and it turned out really nice.

JAKECBR1 02-04-2010 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by JAKECBR1 (Post 879899)
:icon_couch: thanks for the help... lol mabe try to contact the manufacter?
i think just about every one will tell u to go with no cuts though, they are better for the bike if it does go down.

[quote=RoadiJeff;880012]Actually, it's just the opposite. The brackets on the no-cuts are just not sturdy enough to hold up in a hard crash.

:icon_doh: i ment to to say every one will tell you NOT to go with no cuts... i guess i should have went back over what i wrote. like mentioned, the brackets are weak and actually can actually do more damage to the frame by leverage.

PlayfulGod 02-04-2010 12:00 PM

[quote=JAKECBR1;880160]

Originally Posted by RoadiJeff (Post 880012)
Actually, it's just the opposite. The brackets on the no-cuts are just not sturdy enough to hold up in a hard crash.

:icon_doh: i ment to to say every one will tell you NOT to go with no cuts... i guess i should have went back over what i wrote. like mentioned, the brackets are weak and actually can actually do more damage to the frame by leverage.

yup or snap off/bent and cause damage to the engine/parts behind them. And if you think the fairings are expensive, try replacing a head lol.

f44life 02-15-2010 06:36 PM

i got no cuts, had them on for 9000miles, i rested my legs on them for a long time while riding, got home the metal actually crack and i twisted it slightly and the frame for the no cut snapped right off. They bend to easy and they are a pos. They wouldnt save nothing even in grass!

If your going to do it get real ones!!!

jimbo69ny 02-24-2010 12:44 PM

You haters...

I have no cuts and I like them. I too didnt want to cut into my brand new fairings.

If I go down Ill be more worried about myself, not my bike. I got no cuts for those dumb incidents when your buddy sits on your bike and accidently tips it over. If the no cuts save my bike during a high speed wreck great. As long as I can walk I could care less.

Stephens 03-04-2010 12:15 AM

Hey bro, I can see your view of not wanting to cut your fairings. I wrecked my F4i last summer and because of my frame sliders they saved my bike and the fairings. I just got a couple of scratches on them. The bike hit the ground so hard, it knocked a chunk of concrete out of the ground where it hit. If I didn't have them, I probably wouldn't have a bike anymore.

Its your bike do what you want. We can't predict an accident but we can prepare for it. These guys aren't bashing you, they are just trying to help you.