1000 Modifications This section is specifically for questions and advice pertaining to mods of the current 1000 models.

Completely stock 1000

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2006, 02:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Completely stock 1000

Hey guys, I am new here and think this is a great forum for what I am looking for. I have a completely stock 04 1000 and can not find or figure out where to find mods that will create the best performance that can be had. I want the bike to be asthetically pleasing to the eye but, have seen a but load of nasty looking undertail kits and other stuff that looks like someone had taken a can opener to their bike. What can I do to increase horspower and torque ? and , where can I find some flushmounts that require no mods. I saw a pair for the front that were polished chrome and direct replacements at one time but have not seen them since. As far as adding a power commander and changing the exhaust system I really had not thought of changing those either but, now that I am seriously into gaining top speed and performance along with looking good what can I do?

Old 03-11-2006, 03:27 PM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Completely stock 1000

First, welcome to the site! Post up a thread in the new member section with some pics for a proper welcome.

As far as modding the 1000RR --- your wallet is the only thing limiting you. Greggs flushmounts are drop in. The fender eliminator is easy on the 1kRR. Rear sets are a nice touch -- exspecially if you like GP shifting. HID's are great for night riding. And a slip on for a bit more power and sound or a full system and PCIII for even more power and sound.

The top end from the factory is around 184mph -- exactly how fast do you wanna go?

Old 03-11-2006, 04:15 PM

My friends say that I ride the fence between insanity and reality in everything I do. I am just really looking to knock the snot box outa the guys I am riding with right now but, still retain a clean looking track and street shooter bike. I do not do wheelies or stoppies or any of the juvie stuff because I really like my bike and I have had my share of that stuff. Permanent grin factor, that is what I am looking for. I don't need chicks I got too many now. I will post to the newbie section and throw up some pics. Thanks

I thought about the HIDs and will go with that. A rear set is a mix for me, a PCIII and full run exhaust are what I have been thinking of but, I guess I am looking for confirmation on that route.

Old 03-11-2006, 09:46 PM

Hey look it always takes money to get there just decide on how much you want to spend. Everyone has there own setup, and can only give you there personal opinion, on what they have. There is so much out there do your research decide what kind of performance you want and go get it. i personally like the hrc reverse shift rearsets, akrapovic full ti sysytem, pcIIIr, bmc air filter, but thats what i have on mine (05 cbr100rr) still working on more but in the end its all about the BENJAMINS buddy.

Old 03-12-2006, 03:16 PM

Welcome in mate, like Chain says its only money that limits you. There`s a heck of a big choice of stuff. If it`s massive power change ya want then have a look at MetalScorpio`s ride and modfs, His beast make 189 HP at the Rear wheel. [8D]