Go Back   CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners > General > General Tech
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-22-2011, 05:11 PM

Cool 2001 cbr 600 f4i headlights

my headlights were working fine then later that day they stopped and haven't worked for about a week. my turn signals, and brakes work and light up when they key is turned. Ive checked the fuses, bulbs, and connections and everything seems to be fine. can anyone help me out? could it be the headlight relay over a short somewhere? help me out i don't wanna take it to a shop.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on CBRForum!
Old 06-22-2011, 05:32 PM

do you have a service manual? if you do, and have a multimeter, check the wires and connectors for the proper resistance, verifying with the manual. with the rest of the light working, it should be easier to trace. start from the headlights and go back through the wiring diagram til you find the issue
Hotbodies flush mounts
Old 06-22-2011, 06:03 PM

i just have the owners manual but it should work if not ill get a service manual. ok ill try that out since Ive only visually checked the connections to make sure all were together. thanks.
Old 10-30-2011, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoot boot View Post
my headlights were working fine then later that day they stopped and haven't worked for about a week. my turn signals, and brakes work and light up when they key is turned. Ive checked the fuses, bulbs, and connections and everything seems to be fine. can anyone help me out? could it be the headlight relay over a short somewhere? help me out i don't wanna take it to a shop.

I have the same bike, same year with same problem, well it's a friend of mines, and I'm thinking it's the relay, I have continuity all the way from the fuse to the relay.
Also it has a three prong lamp with the jumper wires, not the two prong it comes with stock, I'm planning to change it bake to the two lamp.
Old 12-01-2011, 09:37 PM

Hey ... Check where the starter button is at. I don't know if you ever thought to notice, but the headlight will turn off or flicker while you start the bike. and that's with every bike .. I think .. but yea. sometimes that connections where the starter button is get loose or even come off. you have to open it up to check and it sucks to fix because of limited space but that could be your problem. I was for me and once I soldered those wires back on, my lights are back to working like normal.
Custom Cut Muzzy exhaust
front flush mount signals
rear arrow signals
Custom memory foam seat

"@ 5'2" 120lbs ... Nothing has ever stopped me. I have Mighty Mouse tattooed on me to remind me that just cause I may be small, that doesn't mean that the fight in me is just as short. And where I lack in height, I make up for with heart. I am a U.S. MARINE." - Sgt Padua, J.G.
Old 12-02-2011, 03:11 AM

Happened to me once and all I had to do was pull the starter button out, it was stuck in half way.
Old 12-05-2011, 10:03 AM

Yeah the ground had broke off in the starter switch…. thx for comments

Quote:
Originally Posted by rd91si View Post
Happened to me once and all I had to do was pull the starter button out, it was stuck in half way.
Old 12-05-2011, 10:03 AM

Tags
2001, 2001cbr, 600, cbr, diagram, digram, f4i, headlight, headlights, honda, light, problem, stock, tach, wiring, working