F2 Tech Tech Subsection (for any mechanical, repair, and DIY threads)

Neutral Light Question

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2011, 10:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Neutral Light Question

Hey guys,

I've been doing alot of work on my new F2 lately, got the regulator replaced, got it up and running and such, and am planning on doing the CCT next week since its got that wonderful rattle going. Anyways, I had it running today and decided to see how the clutch was working and noticed something that i wanted to see if it was normal or not. When the bike is in neutral idling, with the clutch out, the neutral light stays on like normal. When i pull in the clutch, and shift it to first, the neutral light stays on until i release the clutch to start riding. at this point when I start driving the light goes out, and as soon as the clutch is pulled back in, the neutral light comes back on. Is this normal, or does it sound like the wiring/neutral switch might be malfunctioning?? This is my first street bike, but I had a older cruiser before this, and the neutral indicator didnt do this, so I think its not working properly, unless its a quirk of the F2's possibly. What does everyone think?

Thanks in advance

Old 02-21-2011, 09:01 AM

yeah something is goofy but I don't think I would worry about it unless it effects riding somehow.

Old 10-08-2016, 03:17 PM
RLH

I've had the same problem. I think I've tracked it down to my starter maybe shorting out. I have continuity between my hot and grind on my battery. Disconnected the starter solenoid hot and the continuity was gone. Checked again on the other side of the solenoid and continuity was there. Disconnect the hot from the starter and continuity was gone from every where I had continuity between hot and ground. I had the neutral light stay on when in gear and clutch was disengaged. I had continuity at starter solenoid, R/R, horn, anywhere there was a ground I had a hot ground continuity.
Hopefully it is the end of this roller coaster ride. I'll let you all know what happens.