F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

F1 code fuel injector problem.

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2024, 07:42 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default F1 code fuel injector problem.

My code on my 03 f4i shows code for fuel injector #3 open circuit or bad injector. I've checked continuity and all good on both wires. Injector is also good. Tested all and took out and cleaned. Sprays good. That being said. Does this issue that computer says I have cause fuel pump not to prime?
I cleared the codes and it comes back immediately.
Thanks for anyone's help

Old 05-06-2024, 07:58 AM
Received 392 Likes on 354 Posts

What are numbers you measured for each test?

Move injector to different cylinder. Does error move with injector or stays in same place?

Pump not priming is different independent problem, neither are related. Could be bad BAS or ignition-switch. Only get factory OEM parts from authorised Honda dealer.

Old 05-08-2024, 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by dannoxyz

Move injector to different cylinder. Does error move with injector or stays in same place?

Pump not priming is different independent problem, neither are related. Could be bad BAS or ignition-switch. Only get factory OEM parts from authorised Honda dealer.
The ignition is OEM original and is getting 9 volts on the pink wire. Relays are all good. I found the short on #3 injector wire and fixed it. BAS seems good. Tested it with switch on and in run. It tripped the ignition off when I turned it upside down. Kickstand sensor is good. Did bypass on it with no change. Also did bypass on BAS with no change. I'm hoping that after I hook it all back up it will then prime. Hopefully computer wasn't priming cause it sensed the open short in injector wire. Also swapped computer and still no change. Will hook it back up tomorrow and see if it will prime . If not I don't know what to do other than check continuity on every wire.
What do you think?
Thanks

Old 05-08-2024, 09:47 PM

The short was where someone did a shotty wire repair and no solder at the plug on ecm. At first it had continuity until I moved the plug around and noticed it didn't. Also I jumped the fuel pump relay and pump does come on only in that way.

Old 05-08-2024, 10:34 PM

Post photo of where you added this solder.
Originally Posted by GB03
The short was where someone did a shotty wire repair and no solder at the plug on ecm. At first it had continuity until I moved the plug around and noticed it didn't. Also I jumped the fuel pump relay and pump does come on only in that way.
You still have problem with power to ECU. In end, after 9v is confirmed OK and BAS OK, then it’s ECU that activates pump. You can’t force it. Many people have fried ECU by trying to jerry-rig pump. But that’s futile because if ECU doesn’t run pump, it’s not gonna fire injectors or trigger sparks either.

Find that broken wire supplying power to ECU. So that you can violently wiggle harness and it won’t cut power. In fact, that’s how you can find it. Connect meter to measure power at ECU connector. Then start there and wiggle wiring further and further away until you find spot that causes power to come and go. Examine that area and figure out why. Could be broken wire inside insulation, or loose or corroded terminal inside connector, etc.

Last edited by dannoxyz; 05-10-2024 at 12:29 AM.
Old 05-09-2024, 08:57 PM

Post photo of where you added this solder.

You still have problem with power to ECU. In end, after 9v is confirmed OK and BAS OK, then it’s ECU that activates pump. You can’t force it. Many people have fried ECU by trying to jerry-rig pump. But that’s futile because if ECU doesn’t run pump, it’s not gonna fire injectors or trigger sparks either.

Find that broken wire supplying power to ECU. So that you can violently wiggle harness and it won’t cut power. In fact, that’s how you can find it. Connect meter to measure power at ECU connector. Then start there and wiring further away until you find spot that causes power to come and go. Examine that area and figure out why. Could be broken wire inside insulation, or loose or corroded terminal inside connector, etc.
Hey, thanks. It still doesn't prime pump. Hooked it up this afternoon. I checked every pin coming from ECU. All have continuity. Wiggled them all to make sure. This was a used harness I bought. I think it's missing something. Bout to send you picture

Old 05-09-2024, 09:00 PM

Hey, thanks. It still doesn't prime pump. Hooked it up this afternoon. I checked every pin coming from ECU. All have continuity. Wiggled them all to make sure. This was a used harness I bought. I think it's missing something. Bout to send you picture
This pc solenoid. What is it for? I don't have the yellow and black wire coming from that connector on the ECU

Old 05-09-2024, 09:00 PM

This pc solenoid. What is it for? I don't have the yellow and black wire coming from that connector on the ECU

Old 05-09-2024, 09:12 PM

I'm also questioning the fuel pump relay being the right one for this bike. I checked it and it checked good but not sure if it's still the right one. It doesn't look like OEM Honda relay. I'm bout to order a new one.

Old 05-10-2024, 12:36 AM

Stop wasting time and money swapping perfectly-working parts with brand-new perfectly-working parts and nothing changes. Follow my guide here and post each number you measured at each step. The numbers will tell exactly what’s wrong and how to fix it. You have no idea what’s wrong because you haven’t measured. Just desperately shotgunning giant pile of parts at bike is complete waste of time and money.

This is 5-minute repair with multimeter and most likely no new parts needed. I’ve helped over 100 people fix this exact problem remotely by phone in far-off parking lots in total darkness. Sometimes in pouring rain!

Just follow my guide here step-by-step and post numbers you measured at each step. Do not skip any steps. Somewhere along way, you’ll measure number that’s different from what manual says it should be. Ahah!!! There’s your problem. Most likely corroded or broken wire or connector somewhere.

https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-...1-06-a-163487/

Quick Reply: F1 code fuel injector problem.