F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

F1 code fuel injector problem.

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2024, 03:46 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GB03
Since I'm getting spark and power to injectors but no fuel pump prime unless it's jumped does that still seem like ECU problem with fuel pump not priming or something else? The ECU I sent back I did hook it up and nothing changed but we weren't this far into it at that point
I Say getting spark I mean getting power to the plugs at least

Old 05-17-2024, 09:53 PM

I Say getting spark I mean getting power to the plugs at least
I've got new OEM ignition coils on the way and ECU. It will be here Friday so everything should be good to go then. I believe we have come to this conclusion with all the testing done. I'll let you know how it goes.
Thanks

Old 05-26-2024, 09:02 PM

I've got new OEM ignition coils on the way and ECU. It will be here Friday so everything should be good to go then. I believe we have come to this conclusion with all the testing done. I'll let you know how it goes.
Thanks
Okay, so I got the brand new ECU hooked up. Was so excited and what ya know. It didn't prime the pump. So happy I get that money back but still sad that the problem is still here. I didn't have the new coils hooked up when I plugged ECU in but I think you told me that wouldn't make a difference. So do I need to go back through your steps at step one and start over?

Old 05-26-2024, 09:05 PM

Okay, so I got the brand new ECU hooked up. Was so excited and what ya know. It didn't prime the pump. So happy I get that money back but still sad that the problem is still here. I didn't have the new coils hooked up when I plugged ECU in but I think you told me that wouldn't make a difference. So do I need to go back through your steps at step one and start over?
Was really thinking that it was ECU from the test and jumping it at the ECU and it primed the pump. 🤔

Old Yesterday, 12:14 AM
Received 404 Likes on 365 Posts

Yeah, fuel-pump circuit’s fine with manually triggering pump. More troubling is no spark, which means even IF pump is triggered, engine still won’t run. Let’s start from beginning, with ECU disconnected:

0. Measure battery power with everything off, volts=??

1. Pull headlight fuse, keep battery on smart-charger 24/7

2. Key ON/stop-switch=RUN

3. Measure voltage at ECU connector Lg#19, volts=??

4. pull one injector connector, measure power at blk/wht terminal, volts=???

5. pull one ign-coil connector, measure power at blk/wht terminal, volts=???

6. With meter still measuring volts at ign-coil connector, twist that inj. connector before that blew fuse. Does it change meter reading?

I’m thinking there’s wiring problem with that injector power wire since we never found problem that blew fuse before. That same wire also powers all injectors, fuel-pump and ECU. If it intermittently comes and goes and cuts out power, this will prevent ECU from working properly.

Also when you measured impedance of CKP/CMP pulse-generators, was that at sensors themselves or at their ECU connector terminals?

Old Yesterday, 12:21 AM
Received 404 Likes on 365 Posts

We really want to manually test new ignition-coils and get spark out of them. Otherwise we won’t know if lack of spark is from duff coils or ECU. Let’s try it this way:

1. Remove one coil and fully insert spare plug in it.

2. With big jumper cable, clamp one end to battery -neg terminal
3. Clamp other end of jumper cable to outside case/threads of spark plug

4. Use small red alligator test-lead and connect +pos battery terminal to one terminal of igntion coil

5. Connect 2nd alligator blk jumper to big jumper clamped around spark-plug case/threads

6. With other end of blk jumper, repeatedly tap to remaining free terminal of ignition coil

7. Do you see spark?

8. Repeat test for all other coils to verify they are functional

Old Yesterday, 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by dannoxyz
Yeah, fuel-pump circuit’s fine with manually triggering pump. More troubling is no spark, which means even IF pump is triggered, engine still won’t run. Let’s start from beginning, with ECU disconnected:

0. Measure battery power with everything off, volts=??

1. Pull headlight fuse, keep battery on smart-charger 24/7

2. Key ON/stop-switch=RUN

3. Measure voltage at ECU connector Lg#19, volts=??

4. pull one injector connector, measure power at blk/wht terminal, volts=???

5. pull one ign-coil connector, measure power at blk/wht terminal, volts=???

6. With meter still measuring volts at ign-coil connector, twist that inj. connector before that blew fuse. Does it change meter reading?

I’m thinking there’s wiring problem with that injector power wire since we never found problem that blew fuse before. That same wire also powers all injectors, fuel-pump and ECU. If it intermittently comes and goes and cuts out power, this will prevent ECU from working properly.

Also when you measured impedance of CKP/CMP pulse-generators, was that at sensors themselves or at their ECU connector terminals?
Well I was getting power to the plugs. No spark because coils were dead. Will check all of this hopefully today.
Thanks

Old Yesterday, 04:02 PM

Well I was getting power to the plugs. No spark because coils were dead. Will check all of this hopefully today.
Thanks
Battery 13.04
#19 pink on LG plug. 4.90
Injector plug 12.90
Ignition coil plug 12.88
Shook and twisted wires at injector voltage never dropped
I measured the IPG and CPG at the plug ECU and at the red plug at IPG.

Old Yesterday, 04:15 PM

Battery 13.04
#19 pink on LG plug. 4.90
Injector plug 12.90
Ignition coil plug 12.88
Shook and twisted wires at injector voltage never dropped
I measured the IPG and CPG at the plug ECU and at the red plug at IPG.
I just checked voltage at pink ignition wire at its plug and it's 11.44 on both sides of the plug. But as you saw getting only 4.90 at ECU LG plug