West AK, CA, NV, OR, UT, HI, WA, ID

Petition for designated motorcycle lane-CA

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2007, 10:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Petition for designated motorcycle lane-CA

[quote]ORIGINAL: TheX

ORIGINAL: F4iSickness

It's not mean bro, that's your opinion, and I respect it. I honestly don't expect a DML to come from this, but I don't mind participating in getting the word out there. I, personally, don't give a **** about spending more money on education in Cali. I'm doing just fine and went to public school in SoCal. Selfish? Maybe, but I'm an ******* so I don't care. I propose a pay DECREASE for educators until they can start producing better results. Screw their union guaranteed-a-raise jobs, make them work for it like the rest of us here in reality. Don't get me wrong, I have no issues with spending any amount of money on their facilities and equipment. I think the educators need more pressure placed on their quality of work.

I agree its the parents and the kids,my wiferuns a day care and we have teachers kids, believe me the teachers are being turned into baby sitters and disciplinarians cuz thje kids are rude undisciplined little bastards, some are all f#cked up cuz the parents are are all on drugs, or don't give a $h*t........oh and no we dont need a DML, we get to ride in the car pool lane and split traffic

Open your obviously blind eyes and put the blame where it belongs, the sh!tty parents and disrespectful punk kids. Glad you know you're an *******, that way others don't waste time repeating it.

Old 06-14-2007, 10:34 PM

ORIGINAL: F4iSickness

It's not mean bro, that's your opinion, and I respect it. I honestly don't expect a DML to come from this, but I don't mind participating in getting the word out there. I, personally, don't give a **** about spending more money on education in Cali. I'm doing just fine and went to public school in SoCal. Selfish? Maybe, but I'm an ******* so I don't care. I propose a pay DECREASE for educators until they can start producing better results. Screw their union guaranteed-a-raise jobs, make them work for it like the rest of us here in reality. Don't get me wrong, I have no issues with spending any amount of money on their facilities and equipment. I think the educators need more pressure placed on their quality of work.
how would decreasing educators salaries help our state? One of the main reasons to do well on a job is compensation. Why would someone put effort into something they are not compensated fairly for. My mother is a teacher at an elementary school and see's first-hand what poor pay, bad raising of kids, and lack of parental commitment to education do to kids in this state. I went to public school too and i'm at a university but I happened to be in a really good school district growing up.

Teachers, (MANY of whom are not hired full time) make horrible money for what they do. My mom gets to work around 7:30 for class at 8:30 and doesn't leave until around 5:30 after taking care of lesson plans, grading papers, etc. She doesnt take her work home like many people do, and she hasn't always been a teacher she used to be an executive with Compuware but had to leave after an injury that limited her ability to travel. She is not paid for grading papers. If you were a welder, would you want to have to take the metal you weld at work home, and WITHOUT pay check over all of it... of course not! not to mention that a starting teacher make only 30k a year. subway train operators and garbage men make more than that!

I know electricians that make 6 figures, and they did less school than teachers had too (which is a 4 year degree). While a teacher was in school, not getting paid at all for it, as an apprentice an electrician gets paid!

Old 06-15-2007, 10:35 AM

Yeah Teachers are pussyfying kids..not to mention their parents

Old 06-15-2007, 03:54 PM

My eyes are wide fu*kin' open. Believe me I understand the blame lies with the parents.

In my personal experience: I've had somedumb teachers even at college levels. Okay, I'll admit that a decrease in pay for educators washarsh. I was in a defiant/bad mood yesterday, sorry if I pissed you off(still an ******* though . I know there are teachers out there that truly want to make a difference as I've seen it first hand and I admire/appreciate their dedication.On the other hand, therearea lotout there who are lazy and I just think some strategically placed pressure could benefit the whole process.Letanyoneknow you have high expectations of them and they willbust their *** to achieve them.Reward them with financial compensation to show appreciation for their hard work.Give compensation when it's deserved,I see nothing wrong with this approach.

Sorry to hear about your mothers injury. I bet sheenjoys being a teacher and that'sjust as, if not moreimportant,than makingmore money. Not sayingshe doesn't deserve more, don't get me wrong. I imagine being a teacherwould be a veryrewarding job even if half the kids in the class areundisciplinedlittle turds.

"I know electricians that make 6 figures, and they did less school than teachers had too (which is a 4 year degree). While a teacher was in school, not getting paid at all for it, as an apprentice an electrician gets paid!" ==> Point Taken.

Looks like I stirred up a hornets nest here, sorry for that, might as well close this thread - it's not going anywhere.

Old 06-16-2007, 01:37 PM

Back to topic: We are going to internet petition for a motorcycle lane? How ****ing lame was the jackass that thought this up. We are already the only state in the nation that is allowed to split lanes. Are the **** faces that thought we should **** someone off in assembly thinking? Lose lane spliting for me and ill split the head open of how is responsible. Also, the state is not going to spend money for 2% of the traffic even if that number is booming. Learn to ride between traffic or deal with the heat. Otherwise get a cager and STFU.

Old 06-18-2007, 04:11 PM

I ride between traffic everyday ****ing day...

"Learn to ride between traffice or deal with the heat. Otherwise get a cager and STFU."

lol, I bet you feel all tough now

edit: removed sig

Old 09-30-2007, 10:44 AM

One thing is for sure. School is for dummies. Teachers should get raises once they stop having sex with the kids, and once their administrators stop wasting their current budget on their bonuses. Most kids and parents do not appreciate the school system anyways, and if they did their kids are usually in a private school where the teachers actually give a s. Now as far as a specific lane for bikes, how much would it really cost for 1, the space is pretty much there already. Why cant we spend some money for something worthwhile here to boost the econermy. But then again, i always use the share zone on every street and highway so it really wouldnt affect me. School sux

Old 10-02-2007, 06:03 PM

i ride the carpool, and when that's busy i ride between carpool and the 1st left lane. works pretty well for me. esp in OC where the 2 double yellows are about 3 feet apart.... perfect for passing.

this is legal right? i read somewhere that technically only splitting lanes 1 and 2 was legal in CA.

Old 10-02-2007, 06:39 PM
Mad

It's not legal if you cross the double yellow line. You may or may not get a ticket if you split the lane while in the carpool lane. The laws are not specific in this case. I generally only split when the lines are broken but I don't live in a high traffic area like you do.

Check THIS out.

Old 10-02-2007, 07:02 PM

thanks mad.... pretty interesting stuff. i see most bikers splitting the carpool and left lane all the time, going 60+. i think that's the safest lane to split, so i'm probably going to continue to do what i do.

i think cops in general will be pretty lenient about it as long as your not speeding or reckless, which i'm usu not.

btw, i think teachers need a raise, higher accountability, andstricter background checks.