West AK, CA, NV, OR, UT, HI, WA, ID

Hawthorne Bike Night 7-18-07

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2007, 03:58 PM
Registered Users
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hawthorne Bike Night 7-18-07

Greetings Sports Fans!

It's that time again...the gathering of like-minded hobbyists to shoot the breeze underneath the palm trees, Cali style

It's getting warm so we have had a consistently good turn out. Be forewarned that stunting, burnouts, or all that silly nonsense is not tolerated at this bike night, so be prepared to get "mentored" about motorcycling safety if you're caught acting the fool. It's a mellow, extremely laid back atmosphere and if you feel like a game of dominoes, the tables are open and you'll always find a couple total strangers to play with. So far we've had no issues with the local constibulary/businesses and we aimzzz to keep it that-a-way. Lots of positive love from the Sheriff and Hawthorne PD when they stop in to have some coffee with us.

Had a great turnout last week and I suspect we'll have another super night tonight, so come on out!

Location: 120th & Crenshaw Starbucks (Crenshaw exit off the 105 Fwy)

Time: 8:00 pm - 11:30 pm (or when people feel like leaving)

Local strip mall eateries: Starbucks, Wendy's, Quizno's, and Mexican food (can't recall the establishment's name).

See you there!

Pics from last week

Old 07-19-2007, 03:05 AM
Registered Users
Default RE: Hawthorne Bike Night 7-18-07

Great night! Very warm, but maybe that's because I was wearing two shirts under my jacket , but a perfect night nonetheless.

Superbikes will be doing a few segments on Hawthorne Bike Night so if you'd like an opportunity to be on teee veee, come on out to bike night next Wednesday by 8 pm; Superbikes crew will be on scene filming and interviewing random riders. Great opportunity to show/tell a national audience that not all sportbikers are reckless. Safety and Communication--that's the motto/mantra.

The following Saturday, 28 July 07, we'll form up at the bike night location (120th & Crenshaw Starbucks) and ride out to the Superbikes studios at 11 am; the liesurely ride will be filmed as well. This information was passed to everyone present tonight as you can see in the photos.

Anyway, thanks to those that came out and hopefully we'll see you next week!

Pics from tonight

[/align]

Old 07-19-2007, 04:27 AM

do you ride out there with a cupple buddies? i dont have anyone to ride with down here in so cal, would love to hit this up. just don't really want to roll up by myself. i live in long beach so its not far at all...

Old 07-19-2007, 12:18 PM
Registered Users

I usually ride alone because I try to get to bike night before the crowd to take photos. I think Kamikaze Riders is out of Long Beach, but I'm not sure. We get folks from Long Beach all the time, and yeah, it's a breeze ride on the bike--710 to 405 to 105 and you're there.