Track Days & Riding Schools This section is for the announcement of open track days and educational riding school events.

Trackdays in Midwest

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2007, 04:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Trackdays in Midwest

lots of dates at RA in may/june/july. BHF throughout the year.

It seems to alwaysrain at Autobahn, and its like ice in some placeswhen its wet. I like the facility, and the layout (north, south or full), but the track surface kinda sucks...braking ripples in the pavement, asphalt sealer in the corners...reminds me of BHF before it was repaved.

I hope to get to get to Putnam this year too....but have already booked myself a lot of dates at RA and BHF.

Visionsports has a lotof weekday rides at BHF for $165.

Leon, that runs PTT has occasionally pulled this 4 group thing...effectively cutting 1/4 of your track time....otherwise is afinegroup and good price.

The trackaddix group I've not rode with.But the rules they post are strictest I've seen outside racing....I'd have to get a new helmetaccordingto their rules.

Old 02-19-2007, 03:41 PM

Yeah its too bad Autobahn has such a crappy surface, I hear they may repave it this year. Its so darn close for people in the Chicago area.

Old 02-20-2007, 12:26 AM

ORIGINAL: jbreit
The trackaddix group I've not rode with.But the rules they post are strictest I've seen outside racing....I'd have to get a new helmetaccordingto their rules.
Huh.... Trackaddix has the least strict rules of any track day group I've ever ridden with... Both NESBA & STT are way more strict.

I think Autobahn sucks... the track surface is bad, the pit area is terrible, they treat motorcyclists like crap, etc... They either need to run like a country club for rich exotic car owners or a race track, becuase what they are doing now isn't working...

Old 02-25-2007, 11:40 PM

www.trackdaycentral.com should help.

Old 02-26-2007, 02:15 PM

I would have to agree. Track Addix has the least strict rules I've ever seen. Short of just showing up in jeans and a helmet, it's pretty basic. They JUST implimented the full suit rule, most likely because people have been breaking the rules on the honor system. No replacing the anti freeze as MOST do, which is good when you just take your street bike down for a day a year, no safety wiring, just tape up the bike and put on some good gear. Seems pretty laid back to me.

Old 02-26-2007, 09:54 PM

www.cycleoptions.com is pretty laid back too, and their rates are lower than some also. They only run at Putnam Park in Indiana and it is only two weekends out of the year. They usually run a weekend in April and one in September.

Old 03-02-2007, 05:03 PM

My bad...it was motorcycleaddicts.org that I read the rules on....

This was the helmet rule. While I know the organizing bodies continue to revise helmet standards, I am on the side of the debate that the new helmets are too hard. I don't spend $500 on a helmet so having to get a new one is not a big deal.
>>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>
Due to popular demand, any helmet that meets all of the basic requirements (age, condition etc.) and is certified by Snell, or meets the ECE 22.05 standards (with current BSI or equivalent sticker) will be allowed for use at this event.

A. Full Face Snell/ECE 22.05 approved helmet no older than 5 years with good shield in excellent (non crashed) condition. NOTE: This means any major scratch indicative of helmet to asphalt contact will render that helmet useless for this event. All helmets will be thoroughly inspected for qualifying certification, “Born on” date and condition.

>>>>>>>>>>>

In addition, higher levels had to take off side stands, passenger pegsand plates.

Old 03-22-2007, 01:07 PM

Yup........now THAT is getting a bit carried away for just a track day.