Track Days & Riding Schools This section is for the announcement of open track days and educational riding school events.

Trackdays in Midwest

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2007, 02:55 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trackdays in Midwest

I got my 1995 CBR600F3 last summer. I live in Peoria IL so it is *** cold here right now. When the spring and summer roll around I would really like to hit the track......as much as I can.

so, I am looking for tracks that do trackdays in the midwest. Perferably in Illinois, Iowa, Wisconsin, or Indiana. I am also concerned a little with price so that I can go as often as I can afford.

In input to any tracks in this area would be great.

Thanks.

Old 01-18-2007, 03:07 AM
Default RE: Trackdays in Midwest

I just joined Sportbike Track Time ($35) and they have two dates at Putnam (which is just outside of Indianapolis) and the fee is $155 for one day and $295 for two days...

they have other track locations in your area and prices for each listed on their website...

www.sportbiketracktime.com

Old 01-18-2007, 03:27 AM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i am located in wisconsin GB area and i want to hit the track alot the only close one is road america .. i will have to look into this more

Old 01-18-2007, 04:34 AM

Is michigan too far?

Old 01-18-2007, 10:41 AM

www.trackaddix.com

Nothing more to say other than these guys rock. No Session track days? You cant beat it with a VERY large stick. Go to one of their track days at BlackHawk Farm and enjoy.

Old 01-18-2007, 11:29 PM

In the Midwest, Your best bets are:

Track Day orgs: Nesba & Sportbike Track Time
And you tracks are going to be: Road America, Blackhawk farms, Autobann Country Club, Putman, Gatway, Gingerman, and Gratten.

Pick up a copy of Road Racing World, They publish a updated list of track day orgs in the back each month.

Some tracks like BlackHawk Farms even host thier own track days, so you should check each tracks calender.

FYI -
Trackaddix & Sportbike track time are now one in the same as the have joined together.

Trackaddix will host the trackdays at:
Brainerd, Gateway, Iowa speedway, Mid America Motorplex, Hallett & Motorsport Park Hastings

Sportbike Track Time will host the trackdays at the rest. (blackhawk, barber, etc...)

Old 01-18-2007, 11:58 PM

Thanks guys......really a lot of help. I googled track days in the midwest or Illinois 100 times and never found anything like this.

I like the different options and the prices are not that bad at all.

I read at a lot of places that the tire requirements are 75% of tread remaining. Are all tracks very strict on that rule or as long as your not bald, you can ride. Because I just bought Dunlop Qualifers last August and have about 700 miles on them. Does this mean I need new tires if I want to go to a track day?

Old 01-19-2007, 01:31 AM

Most are NOT real strict on the amountof tread left, but are more concerened with the condition of the tire. like if it's really squared off in the middle or ripped to shreads on the edges, they may strongly point you towrds the track side tire vendor.

I really couldn't say anything about your tires without seeing them (but they didn't get the nick-name Dun-SLOPS for no reason.. .. JK). But I'd say look at them closely, if they are in question you're probably better off safe than sorry. And I'd recommed getting them changed at the trackside vendor and they may be $10-$15 more for the tires, but you won't get charged for mounting & balancing and your pressures will most likely be set-up for you.

Old 01-19-2007, 11:47 AM

Some track day providers have a tech in before you can go on the track. Track Addix does not have this, they go on the honor system, so look your bike over good yourself and ask yourself if you feel comfortable pushing at probably 80% of your skills with the equipment you currently have. I have run 208ZR's for 3 track days and some street riding and they showed wear but did not go off until the end of the last track day. It is up to you. $250 for new tires is cheaper than new plastic or worse. That is just my opinion.

Old 02-16-2007, 03:55 PM

This may be of intrest to you or anyone in midwest, $100.00 track day at blackhawk,

http://www.madisonsportbikes.com/for...b7&t=10117

Quick Reply: Trackdays in Midwest