Track Days & Riding Schools This section is for the announcement of open track days and educational riding school events.

New Trackday Rider Opportunity with Ti2TT

Old 10-04-2011, 08:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Trackday Rider Opportunity with Ti2TT

It has been four years since I had my first trackday. I was new to riding and spent most of my time in the local canyons from Malibu to San Gabriel Valley. For the most part it was fun and exciting; being out with friends and enjoying the rush of being on a motorcycle. Every weekend I would go out and push my bike and myself to the limit, but what I did not realize at first was that I was pushing my luck at the same time. With all the variables involved in riding, only a small percentage are within the control of the rider. Public roads, especially when saturated with weekend motorists, only increases the uncontrollable variables. It should come to no surprise that motorcycle riding is dangerous, especially if we push ourselves and our machines. Luckily I was introduced to one of my current partners in Ti2tt, Rick Becker, who took me out to my first trackday. With help from Rick and friends, I was able to attain the gear I needed, pay for the trackday and get my bike out to the track. Needless to say, I have since become very involved at the track. Recently, Rick, myself, and a fellow rider Christian, got together and worked to keep Ti2tt's operation running. We did this because we love motorcycles and we want to support track riding for all motorcycle enthusiasts.

Sadly, this year has proven itself to be a dangerous one for motorcycle riders. The three of us have experienced the dangers of street riding and unfortunately have heard about countless incidents, some being fatal, involving motorcycles on public roads. The most recent of these, involving a fellow rider on the online motorcycle community "SoCalMoto.org" brought the inspiration for this program. In keeping with our name and our ideology regarding motorcycle riding, we would like to help people that have never been to a track take it off the streets, and take it to the track. We hope that through this experience, riders will not only have a place to safely practice spirited riding but also gain more experience on a motorcycle.

Basically, we are looking to help you or someone you know get out to the track. We are offering one spot at our upcoming event at Willow Springs in November on the 12th or 13th. We have a great support staff that will help with coaching throughout the day as well as one session of our video feedback coaching (13ike Camp) that will either be instructed by Rick, Christian or myself. As with everyone who rides with us, we will be available to help with the process before, during and after the trackday. We will work with you to ensure you get the gear needed, your bike prepped and transported to the track.

In order to ensure we get all submittals properly, please follow these instructions:

All submittals will be via email to newtrackrider@ti2tt.com. Please include the name of the rider, contact information, experience on a street motorcycle and location of the rider and bike. Along with this info we would like you to submit a short explanation of your/their current situation and how this opportunity would benefit you/them. Although we know most of the track riding community, we are going to trust that the information you submit to us is true and correct. Please do not use this as a way to get a free trackday; this is meant as an aid for those who have never been to the track before.

The details in short: We will try our best to ensure the rider gets support throughout the process. We are able to transport the bike if necessary, but we will be leaving the day before the first event and not getting back until late the night of the last event. Motorcycle riding is dangerous on and off the track, please be aware that we require you to sign a waiver acknowledging the risk and liabilities incurred while riding at the track (sample waiver available upon request). All information submitted to us for the promotion will be made public if we have chosen you to ride with us. Please contact us for any questions or comments you might have.

From everyone at Take it 2 the track, we wish you all the best and hope to see you at the track.

-Take it 2 The Track

Old 10-17-2011, 12:32 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ti2tt would like to welcome Satch Arend from Oceanside to join us for his first trackday at Willow Springs! We will be keeping our Facebook page updated with Satch's experience and we hope he finds as much passion in track riding as we do. To all the riders that have not yet been to the track, stay tuned as we have not forgotten about you.

Old 11-09-2011, 06:45 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Kudos on doing your new trackday rider program. Congratulations to Satch!

Time is almost here. Hope the weather holds for you.

Look forward to hearing about Satch's experience!