Track Days & Riding Schools This section is for the announcement of open track days and educational riding school events.

Carolina Motorsports Park - Kershaw, SC

Old 11-14-2010, 10:17 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Carolina Motorsports Park - Kershaw, SC

Looks like this is the closest track that I can find to Myrtle Beach. For those of you that ride there, what is your impression? Would it be a good place to go to start racing?

Old 12-21-2010, 10:31 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went there in November. I liked the track very much. It is a bit technical, but also has some fast areas. The track itself was in pretty good shape, no chunks of asphalt missing or anything like that. There was a patch coming out of turn seven that had sunk in, but you can drift a little wide on exit and miss it. They have a snack stand, showers, open air garages with two electrical outlets each ($50 per day rental). If your pit is in the grass, I suggest bringing a large rug or a large piece of carpet to set down to park your bike on as there is quite a bit of sand and it will stick to hot tires.

Is it a good place to start racing? Depends on your experience level. How long have been riding? Have you done any track days? I'd suggest doing a track day there to get the feel.