Stunters Corner For all those stunters out there.. share your knowledge, talk about it. Those that do not like stunting, please stay away. Please read disclaimer!

Wont come up in second

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2008, 08:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Wont come up in second

-1 +3......No way in hell you can NOT get it up in second. You gotta be doing something hella wrong. As stated above, just slip the clutch a bit and give it some throttle.........Better yet......Are u doing staggered or sit downs.....Sit downs i DOUBT your gonna get it up, unless you really know how the bike reacts and actually what it takes to get it up.....Staggered, i dont see a problem at getting it up. Maybe a little pre-load while ur learning. But after u the hang, ur not gonna think about pre-load much anymore.....Just try a few things, u'll get it.......=-)

F4i practice wheelie

Old 08-13-2008, 12:30 AM

yeah dude you will get it for sure... just follow what these guys all said.... get in the right rpms.... slip it and gas it ......

let us know how it goes if you get it up.... which you deff will....

Old 09-13-2008, 12:09 AM

Definetly, I got -1/+2 on my f4i and it pops right up in 2nd. I love 2nd.

Old 09-18-2008, 07:10 PM

ORIGINAL: flipside

i got a 99 f4 600and there are two ways to get you bike to come up in second First thing to try is to get up around 6 to 7 grand pull the clutch in just to let it disengage twist the throttle full (all the way on) as soon as you got itfull drop that clutch! the bikeshould begin to pull up, it is almostsimitanislyonce you practiceit this whole process should only take 1 second this method is slowand smooth so it should be easy to feel the bike get litethe Second way is a little more violent, same start around 6 grand twist throttle full on as soon as you hit this point pull the clutch in to justNOTALL THE WAY OUTdisengage anddrop it (do not ease out) the bikeWILL pop up fast and hard so be very carefull if you go with this option it will go strait to the bp with no delay it is very easy to loop so be carefull..... on both of these methods you need to keep on the gas!! if you let off the bike will fall back down you must keep it on till you get to the top this part is 99% mental and 1% physical, once your revs get so high the bike will lose power and set back down if this happens you need to get to the bp quicker or shift to 3rd and ALWAYS cover that back brake if you get to high the rear brake will put you down fast

ill say this to everyone before all kinds of people start writing stupid **** about the reply i am just trying to help this may not be the right way to everyone but it works for me and i hope it helps others...be safe
is that a joke? FULL THROTTLE AND DUMP THE CLUTCH

he is not trying to do a back flip.

Old 09-18-2008, 10:25 PM

how long have you been riding? that has alot to do with how you feel the bike, and what angle your actualy at with the bike

Old 09-18-2008, 10:46 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Most of the guys will tell you not to bounce it up but it should be easy as hell with your gearing. I got -1 on the front and stock in the back and I can bounce it up to bp all day long. Just stand up, run it up to 7k blip the throttle and as you blip in kinda bounce forward on the forks and then pull while opening the throttle back up. she'll be straightup quick. Thats how I got the hang of it anyways. To each there own.

Old 10-01-2008, 07:48 PM

yea imtrying to get a guy i have never seen before to flip his bike!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! forgot to tell you when your in second and the bike comes up to the balance point slightly back off your throttle so you dont flip, i remember tell you to be carefull because the bike is easy to loop but ill tell you to be safe again

Old 10-09-2008, 09:48 AM

try stand ups. i have a 600 i stand staggered.. left foot on rear peg and right on front this way you can cover your rear brake. when i first started doing 2nd gear wheelies i had a hard time too. trying bouncing on it a little. your bike should have no problem coming up in second. get your timing down. you will start to feel it when your getting it right