Stunters Corner For all those stunters out there.. share your knowledge, talk about it. Those that do not like stunting, please stay away. Please read disclaimer!

Wont come up in second

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2007, 05:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wont come up in second

I have a F4 with -1/+3 and 20 PSI in the rear. I can get it to come up easy to BP in first going 15-20mph. I can't even get it off the ground in second. Idk wtf is wrong. I been doing the same thing I do in first. Sit far back, pull in the clutch, flick the gas, let the clutch out, except I just go a little faster like 30mph. I've tryed going slower, I've tryed going faster, I've tryed revving alot higher before I let out the clutch. All it does it jerk up a little bit. I'm starting to think something is wrong with the bike. Like it doesn't have enough 'umph' in second or maby my clutch it slipping.

Old 12-01-2007, 09:44 PM
Default RE: Wont come up in second

I've never driven a 600 but my 900 goes up is in second with stock gearing. My friends that have 600s go up pretty easy in second but they have to rev them quite a bit. If it bogs go higher on the rpm, if it doesn't maybe your slipping your clutch. Johnny

Old 12-02-2007, 11:08 AM
Jan 2009 ROTM

Nauree from your description it sounds like you are grabbing way too much clutch. You do not want to pull it in, just flick it (slip it)a bit as you hit the gas. Everything else sounds pretty good.

Old 12-02-2007, 11:57 AM

What would it matter if the clutch is in all the way or just a little bit?

Old 12-02-2007, 11:58 AM

give it more gas and stay on it when you slip it. try standing up too and get more weight back if ur rockin BP you should know staggered.

Old 12-02-2007, 01:33 PM

my 600rr willcome up easy in second with stock gearing.... although i do notice a huge difference in how much gas i have in the tank (weight on the front of the bike)

Old 12-02-2007, 05:03 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM

ORIGINAL: Nauree

If you pull in the clutch all the way, rev it up, and let it out, it will more likely want to lunge forward for lack of easy explanation. To wheelie you want to just slip it in just a bit so that the rpm's can climb up a bit, but yet not completely disengaging the clutch. Then as the rpm's jump up, just slip it back out, and watch the front wheel climb up. This is done very quickly, maybe half a second or so. Go out and try what i mean for a bit, if you start doing it quickly, you will start to get the feel of doing it right.

Old 12-06-2007, 01:21 PM

ORIGINAL: TK954RR

ORIGINAL: Nauree

If you pull in the clutch all the way, rev it up, and let it out, it will more likely want to lunge forward for lack of easy explanation. To wheelie you want to just slip it in just a bit so that the rpm's can climb up a bit, but yet not completely disengaging the clutch. Then as the rpm's jump up, just slip it back out, and watch the front wheel climb up. This is done very quickly, maybe half a second or so. Go out and try what i mean for a bit, if you start doing it quickly, you will start to get the feel of doing it right.
So I went out last night to pratice. I've been getting it up easy and learning to bring it back down with the rear brake in first. I want to get to the BP but I feel too twitchy in first. Is is really easy to loop it in first? I feel like I get really high but not high enough to BP it. I want to give it more but I'm scared that I might over do it and loop it.
I tryed bring it up in second. I can't even get the wheel off the ground. I did what you said and nothing happens. I have -1/+3 and I don't think it should be this hard getting it off in 2nd. I think my clutch may be slipping when I rev it up too high.

Old 12-06-2007, 04:38 PM

I bet your clutch isnt slipping. Its the operator. Take your bike out in 3rd, get into higher RPMS and gun it. If the engine revs and the bike doesnt accelerate then your clutch is slipping. To clutch it up in 2nd, Id say around 35-40mph, pull your clutch in with one finger till it slips. Maybe a 1/4". Rev your bike up and let the clutch out. It all happens in .5-1 second. Try stand ups too. Put your left leg on your passenger peg, and keep your right foot on your peg covering the brake. Do it a few times till you feel comfortable. Bring your bike up higher and higher. When your getting to BP your mind will tell you your going over but you wont. Just keep that brake covered. When your at BP, youll know. The bike hits a mono tone and you feel like its floating.

Old 08-12-2008, 06:54 PM

i got a 99 f4 600and there are two ways to get you bike to come up in second First thing to try is to get up around 6 to 7 grand pull the clutch in just to let it disengage twist the throttle full (all the way on) as soon as you got itfull drop that clutch! the bikeshould begin to pull up, it is almostsimitanislyonce you practiceit this whole process should only take 1 second this method is slowand smooth so it should be easy to feel the bike get litethe Second way is a little more violent, same start around 6 grand twist throttle full on as soon as you hit this point pull the clutch in to justNOTALL THE WAY OUTdisengage anddrop it (do not ease out) the bikeWILL pop up fast and hard so be very carefull if you go with this option it will go strait to the bp with no delay it is very easy to loop so be carefull..... on both of these methods you need to keep on the gas!! if you let off the bike will fall back down you must keep it on till you get to the top this part is 99% mental and 1% physical, once your revs get so high the bike will lose power and set back down if this happens you need to get to the bp quicker or shift to 3rd and ALWAYS cover that back brake if you get to high the rear brake will put you down fast

ill say this to everyone before all kinds of people start writing stupid **** about the reply i am just trying to help this may not be the right way to everyone but it works for me and i hope it helps others...be safe

Quick Reply: Wont come up in second