Stunters Corner For all those stunters out there.. share your knowledge, talk about it. Those that do not like stunting, please stay away. Please read disclaimer!

why?

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2010, 09:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default why?

why do stunters always dress like squids? i never understood this. even the pro stunters. figured they would stray from that bad reputation...

Old 08-18-2010, 11:40 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That's a stereotype. Check out Stealth Rider on the Speed Channel. Jason Britton definitely does not stunt without gear

Old 08-18-2010, 11:41 PM

Do you mean shorts and muscleshirt or just the comfortable way. Johnny

Old 08-18-2010, 11:48 PM

I went stunting with my friends this sunday and I was the only one in full gear even in 100 degree weather. Check this pics of my friends. Johnnyh

Attached Thumbnails why?-cinnamon-shakira-022.jpg   why?-cinnamon-shakira-027.jpg   why?-cinnamon-shakira-026.jpg  
Old 08-19-2010, 12:37 AM

let them learn the hard way? i have an icon field vest but i just dropped about two weeks ago and my arms looked lovely . Once i get my new front end done on my kawi, i'm buying a Bionic 2 Jacket + mesh jacket on top.

Road rash f***ing blows.

Old 08-19-2010, 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by Vermino
let them learn the hard way? i have an icon field vest but i just dropped about two weeks ago and my arms looked lovely . Once i get my new front end done on my kawi, i'm buying a Bionic 2 Jacket + mesh jacket on top.

Road rash f***ing blows.
I know how you feel bro, I went down last year and not only had road rash but a bad cut that needed stiching so I learned my leason. I haven't taking my stunter out in a while though. Hope you recover fast. Johnnyh

Old 08-19-2010, 08:47 PM

my forearm is good (still cherry from the new skin which needs to be tanned again now) but yeah - I think we all learn the hard way, it's just natural selection for those select few to keep doing it wanting to look like Frankenstein.

Old 09-13-2010, 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by Kuroshio
That's a stereotype. Check out Stealth Rider on the Speed Channel. Jason Britton definitely does not stunt without gear
That's mostly because he's sponsored and has to wear Icon gear whenever he is on or near the bike.

Old 09-13-2010, 02:21 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jbr_2000
That's mostly because he's sponsored and has to wear Icon gear whenever he is on or near the bike.
I don't buy that for everyone. There are stunters and racers and riders that know their pleasure / income is directly linked to staying healthy in a potentially very unhealthy sport. A lot of the other type seem to think it displays how tough and rebellious they are to eschew gear. And take whatever lumps they get (hence showing off the rash in pics).

Old 09-13-2010, 02:27 PM
BDT

I guess it all depends on the rider. I was at a stunt competition this summer and everyone had chest and back protectors, but that might have been a requirement and rightfully so. Some had jeans, t-shirts and skate shoes on while others had full jackets, textile pants and what looked like hiking shoes. I know shoes are pretty common because you can't walk on the pegs and tail as easily since boots are too stiff. The one pro at the event, Kane Friesen was in full leathers. Go figure.