Stunters Corner For all those stunters out there.. share your knowledge, talk about it. Those that do not like stunting, please stay away. Please read disclaimer!

trying to wheelie but keep burning out

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2008, 01:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: trying to wheelie but keep burning out

ORIGINAL: joe325

how low should u drop the tire pressure for stunting. i want to start doing wheelies but im doing my homework on it first
Don't lower your air pressure dude.

If you are stunting you can lower it but stuntin refers to somebody who knows what they're doing haha. If you want to START doing wheelies, then you just need to get out there and practice, there's nothing that will just make you do it. Lower tire pressure helps for low speed wheelies. The only way you can do homework is to go out and spank the throttle a few times.....the best advice one can give when it comes to doing wheelies is to cover that rear brake.

Old 12-30-2008, 06:18 AM

Negative ^ Lowering your air pressure will make the bike more stable in a wheelie. I'd do 20 lbs if I were trying to learn how to wheelie. Don't ride around like that for long however, I usually keep mine around 30-32.

And Vermino since when did you learn how to clutch it up? Hahah

Everything else people are saying is correct, most likely you're trying to do it before your tires are warmed up. In this weather, it's especially hard to get them warmed up unless you're in FL or something.

Old 12-31-2008, 07:29 PM

it happens to me a lot when clutching in first gear.

bounce (preload the shocks) when you try and bring it up. and like TK and Vermino said, get your nuts off the tank and lean back.

Old 01-01-2009, 07:57 PM

ORIGINAL: camaro_forums

Negative ^ Lowering your air pressure will make the bike more stable in a wheelie. I'd do 20 lbs if I were trying to learn how to wheelie. Don't ride around like that for long however, I usually keep mine around 30-32.

Everything else people are saying is correct, most likely you're trying to do it before your tires are warmed up. In this weather, it's especially hard to get them warmed up unless you're in FL or something.
First of all i never said that it wouldn't make the bike more stable. I was stating that the only way for this guy to learn how to wheelie is to GO OUT AND DO IT! The tire pressure isn't gonna teach him how to wheelie. Yeah it makes the bike more stable at low speeds, but so does throttle control and rear brake control (both of which are MUCH more important to learn before you adjust tire pressure). So, if you want good advice, here it is. TIRE PRESSURE WILL NOT TEACH YOU HOW TO WHEELIE! No matter what camaro boy says.

Also, you can ride 20psi for as long as you want, it will cause premature wear but if all you do is parking lot stunting 20psi is perfect. This guy is learning to wheelie so, again, i say keep your tire pressure standard and just work on getting that front end up for now.

Old 01-02-2009, 10:58 PM

ORIGINAL: rsracer

ORIGINAL: camaro_forums

First of all i never said that it wouldn't make the bike more stable. I was stating that the only way for this guy to learn how to wheelie is to GO OUT AND DO IT! The tire pressure isn't gonna teach him how to wheelie. Yeah it makes the bike more stable at low speeds, but so does throttle control and rear brake control (both of which are MUCH more important to learn before you adjust tire pressure). So, if you want good advice, here it is. TIRE PRESSURE WILL NOT TEACH YOU HOW TO WHEELIE! No matter what camaro boy says.

Also, you can ride 20psi for as long as you want, it will cause premature wear but if all you do is parking lot stunting 20psi is perfect. This guy is learning to wheelie so, again, i say keep your tire pressure standard and just work on getting that front end up for now.

+1

Old 01-04-2009, 03:20 PM
Err

it won't teach him how, but it makes it easier. which allows him to learn it quicker.

give it more gas and start using the rear brake.

Old 01-06-2009, 11:01 PM

get a pilot power no slip!!!!!!

Old 01-30-2009, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by joe325
how low should u drop the tire pressure for stunting. i want to start doing wheelies but im doing my homework on it first
depends on what you are trying to do, less pressure straight line,more pressure for circles. i run 25 lb

Old 01-30-2009, 02:32 PM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Outlaw 954
get a pilot power no slip!!!!!!
true that!! i wont ride any other tire

Old 02-17-2009, 02:41 AM

wtf is a pilot power no slip?

Quick Reply: trying to wheelie but keep burning out