Stunters Corner For all those stunters out there.. share your knowledge, talk about it. Those that do not like stunting, please stay away. Please read disclaimer!

trying to wheelie but keep burning out

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2008, 03:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default trying to wheelie but keep burning out

all right so i have been doing wheelies and have been able to get them up about 6 to 8 i lubed my chain and ever sense i just burn out when i go to do a wheelie its been about 300 miles+ and its still doing it any ideas help!!![:@][:@][:@]

Old 12-10-2008, 06:05 PM
Default RE: trying to wheelie but keep burning out

pull up on the bars man might help you our, are you powering it up or cluthcin her?

Old 12-10-2008, 06:56 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM

Your chain would have nothing to do with it what so ever, unless you loosened the crap out of it. I see you are in UT, so cold tires and pavement may be hindering you some. If not its almost always body position, work on staying upright and off the tank.

Old 12-10-2008, 07:06 PM

Like TK said cold tires will def. do this, but I have noticed that if my tire ever slips it is usually when i'm trying to power it up instead of clutching.

Old 12-13-2008, 01:44 AM

ORIGINAL: TK954RR

Your chain would have nothing to do with it what so ever, unless you loosened the crap out of it. I see you are in UT, so cold tires and pavement may be hindering you some. If not its almost always body position, work on staying upright and off the tank.
cold tires and pavement no doubt... if you dont warm the the tires, you will just be spinning your wheels (literally) haha.. also if your tires are becomming bald, it will have less grip then before. lower the rear tire pressure just a bit and you will get your grip back. Like TK also said, body position - scoot your butt back from the tank and dont bend froward when wheelieing(sp? haha)(that would be like leaning the opposite way when going into a turn)

good luck and stop doing power wheelies [8D]

Old 12-13-2008, 02:48 PM

Yeah, that's cold tires. Also, if you just lubed your chain, you may have got lube on the tire and that will no doubt cause it to slip.You can still wheelie with cold tires you just gotta beeasy with it. I've seen guys out in the rain pulling them put no problem.

Old 12-13-2008, 05:05 PM

ORIGINAL: rsracer
I've seen guys out in the rain pulling them put no problem.
*made me think of this* http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EE-K10BeXtg

ehh in las vegas we dont have much rain, plus we have water cops - so can't have fun like that haha

Old 12-17-2008, 12:38 AM

is the bike lowered? a lowered bike will lengthen the wheelbase and make it harder to pull the front tire up

Old 12-17-2008, 02:18 PM

ORIGINAL: deerslider

all right so i have been doing wheelies and have been able to get them up about 6 to 8 i lubed my chain and ever sense i just burn out when i go to do a wheelie its been about 300 miles+ and its still doing it any ideas help!!![:@][:@][:@]
where is 6 to 8? as far as I knew you could only wheelie from9 to 12:30. As for your question, it could be cold tires, to high of air pressure in the tire, your leaning forward and dont realize it (or do), or you could be trying to power wheelie while you are going to slow because that will cause it to spin also from all the torque if you dont have the air pressure dropped for stunting.

Old 12-17-2008, 03:47 PM

how low should u drop the tire pressure for stunting. i want to start doing wheelies but im doing my homework on it first

Quick Reply: trying to wheelie but keep burning out