Stunters Corner For all those stunters out there.. share your knowledge, talk about it. Those that do not like stunting, please stay away. Please read disclaimer!

Second gear on a 2000 F4? Hey Turnin20s, figured it out!

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2006, 07:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Second gear on a 2000 F4i?

Thanks everyone. Yeah, it is geared stock. Second, seat position for me is wrong. I set all the way with the narts against the tank. Just feels like I have a better grip on the ol' tank. I will try scooting back. I have not bounced it, just tried throttle/clutch. I do use my indez finger only, as I always use this method. I am just really bored with first gear. Clutching, power ups, balance point, steering on highway on rear wheel seems almost as natural as 2 wheels. Just wished I could get the rpms down for one reason, second is being able to raise it up while running 60. (Of coarse all this takes place on a deserted runway, I promise.) (Fingers crossed) Thanks for the info and keep it coming. I will post my progress.

Old 08-15-2006, 07:27 AM

i had ur same problem. i also have a f4 (stock gearing) and got showed up by my friends gixxer. I do staggered. bend ur knees and stick ur butt out. feels funny but works. I go at 50 mph. same as clutch in 1st but just hold the clutch a little longer and give it more gas. snap that sh*T and it should come up. keep ur arms straight because it will shake when it 1st comes up. and just practice like the others said. Just have to get over tha fear of pulling it up while standing. keep at it . took me like a good 30 mins just to even get it up. very frustrating. stick wit it

oh. cover dat damn rear brake. good luck

Old 08-15-2006, 01:06 PM

Hey, I just wanted to let you know that the F4i's didnt come in to production until 2001.

Old 08-15-2006, 11:23 PM

Get some ***** and rev it higher. Read the other 8000 threads about wheelies and if you still cant get it, give up. Wheelies aren't for you.

Old 08-16-2006, 12:53 AM

x2

Old 08-16-2006, 10:20 AM

ORIGINAL: Black

Get some ***** and rev it higher. Read the other 8000 threads about wheelies and if you still cant get it, give up. Wheelies aren't for you.
+1

I think people need to learn how to read the other "How-To Wheelie" posts before making their own. This has been gone over 1000000 times already. If you can't get your bike to come up in 2nd you aren't clutching it right. Give it some more revs and cover the brake. Your not going to be able to get it up right away, you have to practice. Get rolling 40-50 mph pull the clutch in with your index finger and rev the bike, let out the clutch and if it doesn't go to bp slow down and try it again but rev it a little harder. Its simple, now go practice.

-Jesse-

Old 08-16-2006, 08:33 PM

Well, glad to see their are some *** holes in this forum also. I thought I was missing out since joining with this one. Oh yes, the
famous "Read through 2,000 posts until you find someone with the exact same bike --weighs the same amount as you-- that is riding a completly stock bike with no exhaust, gears, or filters-- that sets exactly where you do on the seat -- that can ride a wheelie in first as well as anyone here but not second gear" post. I was waiting. So, pretty much everything has already been covered somewhere at some point in time about everything that could ever be asked, right. I agree, somewhere here - mechanics, painting tips, detail work, parts stores, insurance rates, speeding tickets, hell, more than likely how to please your girlfriend is probally in here somewhere. So why don't they just shut the damn site down from posting new threads? Hell, we can just search for hours to find our answers, right? The way I look at it if you don't feel like explaining something again, hit your back button on your browser and find another post to read. Or better yet, search for everything I need instead of waisting your typing skills on telling me I should search, find it, and post me a damn link to it! By the way, thanks to everyone else who did post opinions. For 3 days I have been working on second gear. I can ride it out but have not played with finding BP yet! It was more my setting posistion/preload stopping me from getting it up.

Old 08-16-2006, 09:10 PM
Err

see the secret to wheelies is PRACTICE!!! now give her more gas as you slip the clutch, this way you can get to BP w/out running out of revs...cover that rear brake...

Old 08-16-2006, 09:14 PM

Yeah, 3 days ago I finally figured it out. My body posistion was wrong, and I was not preloading the front. I also had to stiffen the rear shock. Pretty simple now. Just more paractice before I take it to BP!

Old 08-16-2006, 10:38 PM

ORIGINAL: 2000cbrf4

Well, glad to see their are some *** holes in this forum also. I thought I was missing out since joining with this one. Oh yes, the
famous "Read through 2,000 posts until you find someone with the exact same bike --weighs the same amount as you-- that is riding a completly stock bike with no exhaust, gears, or filters-- that sets exactly where you do on the seat -- that can ride a wheelie in first as well as anyone here but not second gear" post. I was waiting. So, pretty much everything has already been covered somewhere at some point in time about everything that could ever be asked, right. I agree, somewhere here - mechanics, painting tips, detail work, parts stores, insurance rates, speeding tickets, hell, more than likely how to please your girlfriend is probally in here somewhere. So why don't they just shut the damn site down from posting new threads? Hell, we can just search for hours to find our answers, right? The way I look at it if you don't feel like explaining something again, hit your back button on your browser and find another post to read. Or better yet, search for everything I need instead of waisting your typing skills on telling me I should search, find it, and post me a damn link to it! By the way, thanks to everyone else who did post opinions. For 3 days I have been working on second gear. I can ride it out but have not played with finding BP yet! It was more my setting posistion/preload stopping me from getting it up.

Dude, you have 17 posts and now your running your mouth and calling us a$$holes, thats a good way to get people to answer your questions. The stunt section here is only a 1 1/2 pages long. Your not going to spend hours looking through 50 posts. It just seems like every post turns into the same thing. In every other post the same things are said, 1. change your seat position 2. give more rpms 3. more practice and so on. It doesn't matter what kind of wheelie you are trying to do, if you don't practice it you aren't going to be able to figure it out sitting infront of your computer. You think we are being a$$holes try this, go to www.stuntlife.com and post your question there. Now after you do that you will see some real a$$holes. So excuse me, and btw I did give you some pointers, the same pointers that I have given out 10 times or so, actually so many times I actually just made a word document out of it so all I have to do is copy and paste it in here. I'm here to help people out and hope that they help me out, but if everyone keeps asking the same questions this section is going to be all "How-To Wheelie" posts and I think we need to go a little further than the basics.

-Jesse-

Quick Reply: Second gear on a 2000 F4? Hey Turnin20s, figured it out!