Stunters Corner For all those stunters out there.. share your knowledge, talk about it. Those that do not like stunting, please stay away. Please read disclaimer!

RR 2nd gear

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2006, 10:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RR 2nd gear

all i got to say is be careful with those wheelies that your havin trouble gettin up. dont let it frustrate you, cuz you will end up crankin the throttle too hard and loopin out like i did a couple days ago. and then youll be as frustrated as i am, cuz now i have no bike to ride, and not to mention a concussion.

Old 12-05-2006, 04:44 AM

I've been doing only first gear power wheelie. I've been comfy doing it every now and the to try to get the BP. But, now I'm tempted to do the 2nd gear stand up wheelie. My question is on what rpm do you bounce your cbr 600rr? And is it better to do it using the throttle power instead the cluch? I'm afraid when I bounce my right hand can't control the throttle.
Thanks for the help in advance

Old 12-08-2006, 02:05 AM

the trick to gettin to bp is getting there as quick as possible...

with that being said... clutchin it will be alot better

Old 12-08-2006, 05:28 AM

what rpm do you clutchin? 9K 10K?

Old 12-08-2006, 09:10 PM

mmm iono i never look but that sounds about right

if youve never clutched it before and your paying attention to the rpm start around 7k... then give it more if you need it

i basiclly just yank the throttle and pop the clutch at the same time... then let off the throttle once i feel it come up close to bp

Old 12-08-2006, 11:37 PM

you can get it to come up in 2nd stock but it takes some work. the best way is to go staggard, left foot on back peg, right foot on front peg COVERING BREAK. just get rolling around 30mph, stand up staggard, and clutch it up. your going to have a much harder time getting it up in 2nd sitting down stock but it can be done. i have owned plenty of bikes and the RR's are harder to wheelie. i believe it is due to the unit pro link swing arm that was designed to keep the front end on the ground for track purposes. i went +7 on the rear sprocket w/ a 520 chain and they come up easy like they should. balance point on the RR is way up there, that is why you are not riding them out for a long time in 1st. hit BP in any gear and you can go for as long as you like.

Old 12-09-2006, 04:30 PM

for safety reasons... and all the newbs

you MUST use your back brake to hit bp... unless ud like to loop your bike

Old 12-09-2006, 08:56 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

got to snap the clutch not like let it go .. rev it high till u know what u are doing

Old 12-10-2006, 03:55 AM

Thanks for the info guy..I already know the technique to standup wheelie stagger...but I just haven't the guts to do it yet.
JVracer04 when you said you must use the back brake to hit the BP you mean only when you think you go to far then you hit the brake right?

Old 12-10-2006, 05:37 PM

if you're looking for the brake when you hit the bp, it's to late, keep it coverd at all times. When I started out, I started out in the parking lot, stock gearing on a 900rr, clutching it up from a dead stop stagerd stance. When I got comfortable with that I moved to a vacant street and started clutching from 20mph in second gear. I know it sounds all backwards, but the last thing I wanted to do was loop the bike going down the highway.

Quick Reply: RR 2nd gear