Stunters Corner For all those stunters out there.. share your knowledge, talk about it. Those that do not like stunting, please stay away. Please read disclaimer!

rolling burnout?

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2009, 09:59 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rolling burnout?

i have seen this rarely on a few stunt videos but i really like it. im not sure what its called so i just searched for a while and found an OK, video of it.
i rode with my friend the other day out in the country where they all stunt and he did it out from a stop sign. it looks like they just throw all the weight forward over the gas tank and maybe pinch the front brake a little and then just rev to the top and drop the clutch to brake the tire loose without looping it?
so what is its technical name, ( if it has one ) and whats a good way to learn or practice it.
I can hold the front brake standing still and destroy a tire as well as any other beginner can
whats the trick to this?

45sec into the video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GRU6vdKcyg

Old 09-27-2009, 10:43 AM

as long as im on the topic i will post this aswell being that it goes along the same lines and not to waste another post later.

looks like you would do the same as the rolling burnout but while your in a small lean? looks alot harder and tricky, not that i would try it anytime soon but id like to know how

1:28 seconds in http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08xynVd3kF0

Old 09-27-2009, 10:31 PM

Yup you've got the right name for them. They are just rolling burnouts, and your basic premise on how to do them is correct. go about 10-15 MPH pull the clutch in grab a handfull of front brake wot it and dump the clutch. just be careful to hold the front brake and play with the throttle to keep your speed down. also be careful you don't washout your front tire as that can hurt as well.

Old 09-27-2009, 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by ID_CBRRider
Yup you've got the right name for them. They are just rolling burnouts, and your basic premise on how to do them is correct. go about 10-15 MPH pull the clutch in grab a handfull of front brake wot it and dump the clutch. just be careful to hold the front brake and play with the throttle to keep your speed down. also be careful you don't washout your front tire as that can hurt as well.
Yea, washout = faceplant = not fun

Old 09-28-2009, 01:11 AM

thanks guys,

is there certain surfaces that are best to play with this style burnout on? i just feel like a smooth warren road or parking lot would have less resistants on the tire when its trying to brake lose? My fear is obviously letting that clutch go at full revs and getting tossed like a wild horse and the bike landing on me. full revs in 1st gear is a huge torque blast on that rear tire, i just feel like if it were on more of a coarse surface it would be more likely to get a chance to grip.

when you say careful when playing with the front brake and throttle, my guess would be if i let go of the front brake with a high rpm burnout the weight on the front suspension would bounce up giving more weight towards the back and loop it. is that somewhat accurate?

say i let off the throttle to much, would that lose the tire spin to the point where it could catch and once again flip over?

sorry for the million questions, i just wana get this right before i go try it.

and front tire wash, thats when you grab to much front brake and instead of rolling the power just pushes and slides the front tire = a washout?

Old 09-28-2009, 01:49 AM

(not a master at it) but you might just want to practice throttle control and slipping the tire. just like wheelie's, it takes practice and little by little (i hope no one goes ***** to the wall the first attempt )

I would highly suggest stand still burn-outs (buy some change over tires from a racer, usually can find them on ebay or hit up a mechanic shop and see if he has some) both feet on the ground -> fully front brake -> give alittle gas and slowly let out of the clutch.

IMHO it's all about baby steps - less risk of you getting hurt. Like i said, this isnt a stunt i know. Just something i see from a stand by position.

(but yeah, i've watched the vids of people doing a rolling and the bike gets grip and they get shot off like a rocket - very scary)

Old 09-28-2009, 02:19 AM

Originally Posted by super600
as long as im on the topic i will post this aswell being that it goes along the same lines and not to waste another post later.

looks like you would do the same as the rolling burnout but while your in a small lean? looks alot harder and tricky, not that i would try it anytime soon but id like to know how

AHHHH Drifting.. Chris is probably the best drifter i've seen - Actually you probably want to get your knee dragging down but as you can see in video #1, he's counter-steering when drifting tightly. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGG2ppfD6mY

for video #2, shows how you can practice knee dragging (i've gotten really good at it from doing that) but you get dizzy as ****. it's seems like the same principle but more throttle and counter-steering. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TvoeTfrQDw

I'm no pro tho, I can do 1st and 2nd gear wheelies (and just starting to stoppie and drift)