Stunters Corner For all those stunters out there.. share your knowledge, talk about it. Those that do not like stunting, please stay away. Please read disclaimer!

powering up vs. power wheelie

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2007, 04:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: powering up vs. power wheelie

ORIGINAL: Dirtytoes

ORIGINAL: JZHALES

powering up is lame, power wheelies are lamer,
im confused....wtf is the difference?

u talking about riding at bp VS keepin the bike up with power?

yeah, hes freakin out over it too

Old 04-30-2007, 05:06 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

haha wait whos freakin out, me?

Old 04-30-2007, 08:41 PM

either way, if you are gaining speed you are pretty much doing what we call "wheel chasers" here.learn to clutch it up and ride bp if not past bp. dont be scared of your bike.

Old 04-30-2007, 09:58 PM

ORIGINAL: SoRAD

either way, if you are gaining speed you are pretty much doing what we call "wheel chasers" here.learn to clutch it up and ride bp if not past bp. dont be scared of your bike.
i think thats what its called everywhere

....if you don't go high enough, don't chase it, bring her down, and try again.

Old 05-01-2007, 07:03 AM

I like to chase my wheel :P im like a dog in the wind chasing something out the car window :P My question is, if you clutch it lower than bp, is it ok to bring it up to bp? I myself would rather not try and hop it to bp everytime, as different circumstances bring the wheel up faster..... Im getting closer to being at bp each time. I can ride them for quite a ways. I seem to gain a bit of speed then hold steady, then gain, then steady, and I feel it getting too high in the revs, dont want to limit out, so I set it back down. How big of a window do you have at bp? I know im right at the edge and its KILLING me

Old 05-01-2007, 12:38 PM
Retired Super Moderator

Hmmm....i guess i'm a squid? Or maybe half a squid......I power up (actually, bounce) but straight to bp...So, i'm half a squid for powerin instead of clutchin, but only half because i can ride at bp lol....so it's like i got 1 leg and 1 tentacle.

BUT--for the record: I've been apart of many of these clutch/bounce debates. I've concluded that clutching is more predictable, to a certain extent. If you're gonna learn how to wheelie, definitely learn it using the clutch method. However, for someone like me who learned how to pull the wheel without the clutch, well i'm pretty much set in my ways lol. I can bring it up in any gear, 1st through 5th, without the clutch----but only because that how i've been doing it for years. I can clutch, but it's not comfortable for me because it's not how I learned it (unless i'm sittin down). It's crazy, but i think it's simply the difference in the way that you hold onto the bars! When i wheelie, i have all fingers completely on the bars. That one finger that it takes to clutch it up makes me feel like i'm outside my comfort zone lol.

Anyways, enough rambling. If you're new, learn to clutch it. That's my final answer! lol.

-Adam

Old 05-01-2007, 03:32 PM

ORIGINAL: BlindLOKI

I like to chase my wheel :P im like a dog in the wind chasing something out the car window :P My question is, if you clutch it lower than bp, is it ok to bring it up to bp? I myself would rather not try and hop it to bp everytime, as different circumstances bring the wheel up faster..... Im getting closer to being at bp each time. I can ride them for quite a ways. I seem to gain a bit of speed then hold steady, then gain, then steady, and I feel it getting too high in the revs, dont want to limit out, so I set it back down. How big of a window do you have at bp? I know im right at the edge and its KILLING me
LOL

i know exactly what you mean. the higher you go(closer to bp) the slower the revs will go up. thus, the longer u'll be able to ride it out. u should be able to tell when you're getting close to rev-limiter by the sound of the bike.

Old 05-01-2007, 03:36 PM

ORIGINAL: isolated1523

Hmmm....i guess i'm a squid? Or maybe half a squid......I power up (actually, bounce) but straight to bp...So, i'm half a squid for powerin instead of clutchin, but only half because i can ride at bp lol....so it's like i got 1 leg and 1 tentacle.

BUT--for the record: I've been apart of many of these clutch/bounce debates. I've concluded that clutching is more predictable, to a certain extent. If you're gonna learn how to wheelie, definitely learn it using the clutch method. However, for someone like me who learned how to pull the wheel without the clutch, well i'm pretty much set in my ways lol. I can bring it up in any gear, 1st through 5th, without the clutch----but only because that how i've been doing it for years. I can clutch, but it's not comfortable for me because it's not how I learned it (unless i'm sittin down). It's crazy, but i think it's simply the difference in the way that you hold onto the bars! When i wheelie, i have all fingers completely on the bars. That one finger that it takes to clutch it up makes me feel like i'm outside my comfort zone lol.

Anyways, enough rambling. If you're new, learn to clutch it. That's my final answer! lol.

-Adam
ur telling me u can pop ur 600rr up in ALL 1st to 5th gear without the clutch?

i cann BS! [:'(]

Old 05-01-2007, 05:03 PM

depends on where you live dirty... ive seen vid of guys near sea level bouncin up 600RR's in 5th gear.... they're goin pretty fast, but it works.

edit* btw, thanks for the info. I keep trying to just listen so I know when im at bp but my body/balance is telling me FU in a really loud voice. unfortunately my throttle hand looooves listening to the latter

Old 05-01-2007, 05:40 PM

BlindLOKI, on the street, you have a while from bp to hitting the tail. obviously, the faster you go, the lower your bp is, and the lower your bp is, the further you are from looping. you can bring the bike past bp, close the throttle, and have it come back down w/o any brake. you just have to have throttle control and good body language. on the street i usually dont clutch to bp. ill gain a little speed before i hit bp. but thats just my style on the street. in the lot, i clutch past bp so i canland on idle. just get your brake control down (if you dont yet) and play around.

Quick Reply: powering up vs. power wheelie