Stunters Corner For all those stunters out there.. share your knowledge, talk about it. Those that do not like stunting, please stay away. Please read disclaimer!

Inconsistent Stoppies

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2006, 03:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Inconsistent Stoppies

what tire pressure are you running...

i used to have a problem of sliding the front tire maybe 1 time out of every 4 or 5. Just make sure when you do it you are throwing your weight forward...thats the biggest thing about the front tire not gripping...

Old 08-04-2006, 04:48 PM

my pressure is whatever stock is, I cant remeber the psi. I'll try throwing my weight forward more, thanks

Old 08-04-2006, 04:56 PM

there was a good thread on stuntlife that i was just reading...

basically they were saying that alot of guys like running 20-25 for more stability and you dont have to worry about head shake so much...

and others were running 30-32 which makes you roll farther but not a great idea if you dont have a dampener...

Old 08-22-2006, 09:10 PM

Switch to a different brake fluid with a higher boiling point like this one, great stuff (if you do a more thorough search u could come up with cheaper prices)
http://www.solomotoparts.com/product...cat=387&page=1 it's DOT 4 and has one of the highest boiling point in the industry with a dry boiling point of almost 600F therefore it's the one i'd recommend, but if money is an issue go with this one http://www.solomotoparts.com/product...roductid=16640
it's DOT 5.1 which is compatible with your bike (NOTE: this is NOT the DOT 5 which is not compatible with your bike) lighter on the wallet but still outperforms
the OEM and other brake fluids with a dry boiling point of almost 510F. also get some galfers SS lines they are on sale here http://www.hardracing.com/Catalog.htm Some will tell you u'll only need the front and that's kind of true (endos) but in my case I use alot of rear brake and want to justify the purchase of the the complete kit II (Dual Front, Rear, and Clutch) for $155 it's on sale. get a Michelin PP tire for the front and thank me later for it (diablos are good too) they stick like glue once warmed up properly also I'm not a big fan of OEM parts when u facture in (price, availability,quality..) BUT when it comes to pads i'll have to say stick with them, OEM HH brake pads are the best in the market for street and stunting and they work in perfect harmony with the stock rotors, can't say the same about other brands that leave dust an such everywhere exept for the Dunlopads
(aka DP pads HH) those are up there with the OEM. these fixes and upgrades along with tunning the suspension will send u on your way to be the next
GORKA (wishful thinking). BTW the PSI I'd recommend is 25lbs, it works great by having a bigger patch contact with the tarmac that translates into better control.