Stunters Corner For all those stunters out there.. share your knowledge, talk about it. Those that do not like stunting, please stay away. Please read disclaimer!

How to wheelie INSTRUCTIONS!!!

Old 04-27-2012, 01:05 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by twistatech
Yeah man the problem is.... You have a 87 600f with only like 76hp and it weighs like 430lbs. I am in no way ripping on your bike, I learned to ride on a 89 600f, It will not wheelie in 2nd gear you have to do it in first! Then if you want to do anything else your going to have to get a different bike or gear your current bike if they even have sprockets for it anymore. But you can practice in first until you get a new bike... later
Yeah my 87 600f pops second gear wheelies no problem but I am only 185lbs, stock gearing k&n and a supertrapp slip on

Old 04-28-2012, 05:24 PM

I should have been more specific about what I have on my bike. I said my favorite wheelie stance was front left peg and rear right peg. This would not be a good idea for people learning to wheelie. I have the rear hand brake setup and I failed to post this in my last reply. The guy who said this wouldnt be smart was correct. When getting near balance point the bike starts to become weightless and any sudden change in throttle could cause you to slam the tail or drop the bike. If you know what you are doing tho BP wheelies are the easiest and also the start to a circle wheelie but I suggest getting good at riding wheelies before ever thinking about these. And a fair warning a crash cage is a must and I wouldnt even try slow wheelies without a 12 bar. Tails get expensive when you tear it up.

Old 05-01-2012, 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by Cbr_BigK
I should have been more specific about what I have on my bike. I said my favorite wheelie stance was front left peg and rear right peg. This would not be a good idea for people learning to wheelie. I have the rear hand brake setup and I failed to post this in my last reply. The guy who said this wouldnt be smart was correct. When getting near balance point the bike starts to become weightless and any sudden change in throttle could cause you to slam the tail or drop the bike. If you know what you are doing tho BP wheelies are the easiest and also the start to a circle wheelie but I suggest getting good at riding wheelies before ever thinking about these. And a fair warning a crash cage is a must and I wouldnt even try slow wheelies without a 12 bar. Tails get expensive when you tear it up.
How slow is a slow wheelie? I've been getting better and better, I usually get going about 15mph in first and then slam on the throttle and blip the clutch and it pops up a couple of feet. Some people tell me if you are going too slow you'll wobble around and probably crash, is 15 too slow? I dont know how to get it up far at all in 2nd gear

Old 05-02-2012, 08:52 AM

Speed is really no problem but 15 is slow. I like to ride long wheelies so second gear is my best choice. The only way I can get my second gear up is to either clutch it up or jerk it up by pushing down and slamming it up ( also known as preloading the suspension). My CBR is way easier to pull wheelies on than my YZF. My YZF takes so long before the power comes in that before I get to 8 i cant pick it up from just power. My CBR was not like this. It had power all the time. Its an f4i. 52 tooth sprocket and a crash cage. 52 was my favorite combination. I have a 65 tooth sprocket but the 52 gets job done. I Could pull 3rd gear wheelies all day. Gearing is not required for wheelies but I like second gear wheelies and have footage on youtube. I have rode several mile wheelies and just a pointer. Land with the front wheel straight or you will tank slap bad enough you could break fingers if not done carefully. I would suggest a steering stabilizer as a must too but I'm to much of a cheap a$$ to spend 500 For one when I barely spend that on buying a bike.

Old 05-02-2012, 09:04 AM
Welcome Crew and May 2012 Ride of the Month
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Suave
How slow is a slow wheelie? I've been getting better and better, I usually get going about 15mph in first and then slam on the throttle and blip the clutch and it pops up a couple of feet. Some people tell me if you are going too slow you'll wobble around and probably crash, is 15 too slow? I dont know how to get it up far at all in 2nd gear
I think what he means for slow wheelies is holding them at a slow speed not just popping them at a slow speed.

So in order to do a slow speed wheelie you have to be at balance point.

Old 11-14-2013, 10:52 AM

thinking about picking up a beater next season to setup for stunting any bikes i should be looking at? i feel bad when i wheelie my 07rr id like to keep that one for a while