Stunters Corner For all those stunters out there.. share your knowledge, talk about it. Those that do not like stunting, please stay away. Please read disclaimer!

How to wheelie INSTRUCTIONS!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2011, 04:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the same fear cpk. loop out due to clutching it up. I have only done power wheelies on my bike, but it has the power. I haven't had the ***** to bring it up to bp yet though

Old 01-02-2011, 04:21 PM

what is the best body position for wheelies. position might be part of my problem.

Old 05-19-2011, 05:08 PM
Exclamation

Whats up peeps. My personal favorite position is one foot on my left foot peg and the other on my right passenger foot peg. Idk why seems like it would be a stupid way to ride but I can reach my balance point a lot easier this way. I prefer standing on both back pegs but am personally afraid of the damn flimsy *$$ aluminum breaking while i am standing on it. I have been waiting on the money to afford the rear sub frame stunt pegs. My personal favorite on a bike that is equiped with a stunt set is on the back pegs. You are a little more stretched out and the wheelies are way easier to me. If you have never tried it stand on the 12 o'clock bar for you guys that are taller people. the only thing i dont like about that bar is you hit your feet when you pass the balance point. other than that most people prefer standing on the seat. I want to try the standing on the seat stance but since my seat doesnt lock (since i bought my bike without the locking mechanism) this would be a deadly combo.

Old 02-22-2012, 08:09 PM

nice write up... I've been doing power wheelies since the 2nd week i bought my first bike. now to try doing clutch wheelies haha. *investing in a cage

Originally Posted by FLATBLACK740
keep bangin that rev limiter... u r special
Amen, that noise makes me cry a little bit on the inside.

Old 02-27-2012, 03:51 PM

Great Down to earth straight to the point Write-up!

Old 03-13-2012, 09:19 AM

Yea, I was just telling my buddy I don't know how to wheelie. We were riding earlier that day and I was speeding up (purty fast) and shifted into second but it didnt shift... I found out exactly how to do a sloppy, scary straight up ***** to the wall wheelie.

Old 03-15-2012, 03:27 AM

Just my input of what I've been doing, I recommend doing power up wheelies in the beginning before u start clutching them up! "Hear me out before u freak out on me" Imo if ur new to wheelies and are not used to the feel of the front wheel in the air why would u want to get it there faster by clutching it up? This is what I've done and it helped me a lot when I finally clutched it up! Take ur bike out and get used to the front wheel lifting and once u get the feel of the front end lightening up and ur comfortable with the feel of it then start practicing the clutch ups! I personally start our at about 18 mph and just a lil throttle while I flick the clutch and bike will POP up about 2 feet, its hard to explain but there is a certain noise ur engine makes when u do a clutch up the right way! Now 1 thing that is definetly true is u will never do a clutch up properly by looking at ur cluster! Always try to look where ur going and get a feel for what ur bike sounds like and try to repeat it! But this is only my opinion and its worked for me. Get used to the bike coming up and getting light with just power then when ur comfy with it clutch it up

Old 03-15-2012, 04:10 AM

^^^^^All that being said I still have not hit BP yet but am still working on it! In regards to the noise I'm talking about when u do it correct, its not a clunck or a squeal or anything just to be clear! It's just certain REV sound the bike makes! Listen to someone clutch one up and ull hear what I'm saying! Good luck and never lose the fear of looping ur bike cause thats when u will loop it

Old 03-15-2012, 09:48 AM

That is some good info for beginners. I would not clutch it to start learning you can do power wheelies in first gear all day, And get a feel for the bike.

Get a rolling start kinda slow just enough to keep the bike rolling, hit the throttle, let off and hit it again to about the same rpm, you will feel the bike want to come up, as you get comfortable doing this you will go higher. Always keep your foot on your brake and practice putting it down safely. I can do power wheelies until the gear runs out, a clutch wheelie in first will come up fast and drop hard, if you have a 750 or bigger, 2nd gear is best for longer runs and it come up smooth.

Old 03-15-2012, 11:02 AM
Welcome Crew and May 2012 Ride of the Month
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Cbr_BigK
Whats up peeps. My personal favorite position is one foot on my left foot peg and the other on my right passenger foot peg.
If newbs are trying the staggered approach they should definitely have there right foot on the front pegs and the left foot on the rear pegs, That way they can still cover the back brake in case they go up to high. Your way there is no recovering it if you are about to loop it.

Quick Reply: How to wheelie INSTRUCTIONS!!!